Balance not showing correctly

Hello guys

I want to buy some assets from a friend which we are both from a country that crypto currency is somehow restricted.

He showed me his account and it he has around 300k BUSD. I Have not done any deal with him and he does not seem to lie because I will not give him fiat money till I get confirmation of receiving legit BUSD in my wallet. But for some reason he said he cant send and when I looked his wallet address on BSC it showed that he has 3.012 BUSD as you see in the photos.

He stated that he changed the public view because of government authority.

I love blockchain and know it may be not permitted anyway even if my friend is an IT man. But yet cant see why there is that difference as the trust wallet showed that number and it is not photoshop and I have seen that myself.
And for your info my friend is IT graduate and working within crypto for 4 years.

Can you please give me an idea about that any possible explanation about that difference?

Thanks in advance

Hello @Cryptozeus that’s seem fake probably he altered Decimals on adding token as custom token.
If explorer says he has 3 BUSD that’s the actual balance that he have currently, blockchain data such as balance and transaction history can’t be hidden. You have to be careful.

1 Like

Yes dear. I know that the blockchain explorer data is the correct one. But wondered how he could even change the decimal?

I tried a lot and even if you add for example BUSD as a custom token and writing the decimal, but when you paste the contract address, it automatically correct the info and does not allow you to change.

Do you have any idea how it can be changeable bro?

@Cryptozeus I don’t know, probably photoshopped. All in all you have to stay away on such deals or you may end up scammed.

Recovered my wallet but can’t find wink anymore, I have tried everything you instructed but it’s not showing

Hello @Judgevan To better assist, please send the following information:

1. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)

2. Crypto wallet address (press the receive icon near the send button, take a screenshot of the QR code, and attach it here. Also copy and paste it in plain text)

3. Transaction hash or link (if you have any, please copy and paste)

4. Further details about your issue (please explain what you were trying to do)

5. Screenshots of the wallet (including errors or missing balance)

A post was split to a new topic: Flux tokens doesn’t display

Brother i have deposited doge coins from free wallet to my trust wallet account…
Here balance is showing 0 in trust wallet account…

I have tracked the transaction in free wallet its status is completed.
Kindly assist…