BTC sent to an unauthorized address

I have just installed Trust Wallet on my iPhone and transferred my BTC from Coinbase to my BTC wallet. To my surprise from the moment the BTC were confirmed they were send automatically (without me initiating anything) to an unknown address! This happened in front of my eyes where I could see the pending sending transaction being added to my BTC wallet transactions and no possibility for me to cancel it!!! Please provide me with a solution to retrieve my fund, hopefully it’s something stupid!

Hello @BeertG,

Sorry to hear about your recent experience. If you got an unauthorized transaction, here are the possible reasons:

1. You shared your 12 words (via phishing, social engineering, etc.);
  2. You saved your 12 words in a very bad place;
  3. Your device is corrupted with malware;
  4. Someone has had physical access to your device.

Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about it. Confirmed transactions at blockchain are irreversible.

Further details here: My Recovery Phrase Has Been Exposed!

Thank you for your reply. But my wallet was brand new and this it’s impossible to share anything! Phrase was written down and BTC was transferred 5 min later so you phishing or any other engineering does not make sense. Also there were other coins (ATOM) in there for over 1500$ worth which are still in there so if the wallet was compromised those would have been gone as well. The only way this makes sense that there is flaw on trust wallet’s side, if what you say is true

To clarify, please do the following:

• Open the app
  • Go to the settings
  • Select “Wallets”
  • Press the 3 dots near the wallet that you are using
  • Export the public key (NOT THE PRIVATE KEY NOR THE RECOVERY PHRASE)
  • Copy the zpub of Bitcoin
  • Then send it here

zpub6qxSaek7MAnGXpwVgG9mqJhSeB4JLRMk5bS33k3hGUuniTo6E2o5EvHtWPc3qnh3CfpagqpCbM9VkxZeLdrkfibbV3Wj8MUjRX1GDXxtEqg

Is this the tx that you are referring to?
https://blockexplorer.one/btc/mainnet/tx/fe5ca05b841716352819e10823a739ce79a9805430dbc0deb469aa6290e680e3

I had put 2 transactions with a few hrs spacing. When I noticed the first one had been send out it puzzled me. I had put a second smaller transaction on it and kept an eye on it while I called a friend to see if he understood what had happened. This second transaction I saw it being send “pending” while I was on the phone. And yes the TXID you posted is for the second one but the 1st one was send out of my my wallet as well without me initiating it!

So this is the “unauthorized” one?

They both are

And second

Can you share a screen recording of your wallet while you are navigating on the BTC wallet and ATOM wallet?
Just want to confirm this claim further.

Things I noticed:

1. The transaction happened on 1/31. Why are you reporting the issue just now? It is almost 7 days since the transaction occured.
  2. You said that the BTC was sent out about 5 minutes right after receiving them on the wallet.
    I reviewed the transactions, first one has almost an hour gap, the other a 47 minute gap.

You can check it here:
https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/xpub/zpub6qxSaek7MAnGXpwVgG9mqJhSeB4JLRMk5bS33k3hGUuniTo6E2o5EvHtWPc3qnh3CfpagqpCbM9VkxZeLdrkfibbV3Wj8MUjRX1GDXxtEqg

I reported it just now because I contacted trust wallet support and was waiting for them to respond to my ticket. Although it says they are busy but 7 days or more had gone by and so I started looking for different solutions, like this page.
The first one I only noticed when I reopened the app but the second I saw live because I was on the phone with a friend and the 30min might be more correct
In the wallet app between received and sent for the first one 13:10 and 14:10
Second received 18:05 and sent 18:62 to be exact
The ATOM wallet was received at 5:50. So later in the morning I decided to move my BTC as well to the wallet.

Can you share a screen recording of your wallet while you are navigating on the BTC wallet and ATOM wallet?
Need to see that ATOM balance that you mentioned and the BTC transactions.

The app won’t allow me to upload the video, even if I do it with the video button from the app, only jpeg… allowed

Send me a direct message of the screen recording, a link would do suffice. Just host the file on drive that you can publicly share.