Coins disappear as proce rises

I recently swapped some bnb for gshib (genshin shiba inu). The price has gone up 600% but instead of the value of my coins going up, the amount of tokens in my wallet has dropped nearly 70% from 822k to toughly 300k and only gained a few dollars. Someone please explain the math here because I’m pretty sure thats now how it’s supposed to work.

1 Like

There is no problem with the app.
This token has an elastic supply.
Elastic supply tokens have a changing circulating supply.
The idea is that instead of price volatility, what changes is the token supply through events called rebases.
Simple explanation. Price goes up, less tokens. Price goes down, more tokens.
I suggest you read and understand the tokenomics of any project before investing.

1 Like

Honestly I’ve never heard the word tokenomics before. I’m aware of supplies changing and burning tokens etc, but was not aware it would happen to the volume I was holding. Why invest in something moving hundreds of percent when your return doesn’t reflect that?.. That doesn’t make sense to me.

1 Like

i bought 36 scientia coins but it presently shows only 5 coins. contract 0x6AF2f57f61Cec0883C71F3175774EBeb290a10e6

I’ve got GShib. Mars space X and SICE tokens all disappearing from my wallet. I should have a great sum of money but the account amount stays the same the price keeps going up on each token for them only to disappear. Sickening to watch.

1 Like

alright but if price goes up and token become less then price should also go up. why is price declining

@Karl80 There is no problem with the app. This token has an elastic supply.
Elastic supply tokens have a changing circulating supply. The idea is that instead of price volatility, what changes is the token supply through events called rebases.
Simple explanation. Price goes up, less tokens. Price goes down, more tokens.
I suggest you to read and understand on tokenomics of any project before investing.

1 Like