Desktop Wallet And Hardware Wallet

Desktop wallets are those that are not connected to the Internet; they are also referred to as “cold storage” methods. A desktop wallet offers a number of advantages over an online wallet. While online wallets are easily accessed from anywhere in the world, they are also more vulnerable to potential hacking. Desktop wallets, on the other hand, are accessed only via your private computer, with personal security keys stored just on that machine. Thus, exposure of your security key:—
online is dramatically reduced. Nonetheless, desktop wallets are still susceptible to hacks if your machine gets infected with malware designed to root out keys and steal Bitcoins:----

###Hardware Wallet:------------
More secure than a desktop wallet is a hardware wallet. These wallets are bits of hardware, external devices like USB sticks which you can carry around on your person. An added benefit of a hardware wallet is the complete anonymity with which you can transact. There is no personal information linked to the hardware, so no identifying data which could be leaked. Hardware wallets are resilient to malware, and if you happen to lose the wallet you’ll be able to recover the funds using a seed phrase. On the other hand, if you lose the hardware wallet, there is no other way of recovering your bitcoin:-------

16 Likes

if the hardware wallet become broken and lost,what to do then? Can anyone retrieve their cryptos?

5 Likes

its a hardware crypto wallet not a baby toy:—
lost and broken is care less work like baby

5 Likes

@Alex69,
Welcome to :trust: Community.
Be active, follow the rules and enjoy with us.

1 Like

Real handy thanks alot.

1 Like

Thanks. What category would TrustWallet fall under? An online wallet? Can an online wallet be linked to multiple devices?

I know I’m late to the party on this thread but has there been any development with a hard wallet that works best with trust or any development on desktop application?

I am one who does not carry my mobile outside my home. I prefer using a desktop app like Exodus however, I do use Trust Wallet as well. I’d love a desktop app for TW.