How to get keys for BTCB

I did the “read before you post” thing, and I found a very interesting post about how to get your private and public keys from your recovery phrase at BIP39 - Mnemonic Code

Unfortunately that tool does not list BTCB as a coin option, and it doesn’t list BNB either. In short, there doesn’t appear to be a way to get those keys that match my bnb1hvas6yad??? address for BTCB. I need those keys, because I accidentally sent some BNB to that BTCB address, and I need the private key in order to get those tokens back.

Any help that you nice people can provide will be very much appreciated.

Ed

Hello @ebrown19 To better assist, please send the following information:

1. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)

2. Crypto wallet address (press the receive icon near the send button, take a screenshot of the QR code, and attach it here. Also copy and paste it in plain text)

3. Transaction hash or link (if you have any, please copy and paste)

4. Further details about your issue (please explain what you were trying to do)

5. Screenshots of the wallet (including errors or missing balance)

Thank you, Alan47, for the prompt reply. It turns out that, in process of putting together the information you asked for, I figured out that the two wallet addresses (BTCB and BNB) are actually the same, so I didn’t actually make the “sending to the wrong address” mistake which can be so devastating. I’m an old man, and I got confused because I had sent the exact same amount to another wallet a couple of days ago. Anyway, no tokens are “lost” and I’ve had my one little scare to make me pay more attention in the future . . . Thanks again!

Great! Glad to know that. If you have further inquiries, feel free to message us. Stay SAFU!