Trust wallet in view mode only

I couldn’t do any transaction and send out my 28,000UST from my main wallet. So i email to Trust Wallet Support. I have been told that my current wallet is in view mode only, so I need to import the recovery phrase or private key to be able to make transactions with it.

I followed this advice and restored/ imported using the BACKUP phrase, however this simply just created a new wallet WITHOUT the funds from my watch only wallet. I have a significant amount of funds in the watch only wallet and it now appears that I am unable to make any transactions with them, despite following all of the advice in this thread. I confirm that I used the correct recovery phrase, corresponding to the watch only wallet and have still not been able to recover my funds from the watch only wallet. I have make sure and confirm my receive wallet address is same as the latest restored wallet.

Please help and get back to me as soon as possible if have any solutions. Million thanks!

2 Likes

Hello @emilynk

If the addresses don’t contain your funds, there could be a number of reasons:

1 This is a completely different wallet, make sure you imported the correct one.
2 You have restored the wrong recovery phrases. Every recovery phrase has its own unique Multi-Coin wallet addresses. You need to find the correct set of words to recover your wallet. We do not have a record of these recovery phrases.

2 Likes

Thank for your reply.

1. I can completely confirm is the same wallet, and same receiving address. Below is the transactions that I transfer 28kUST to my Trust Wallet, after done transfer, it become view mode only, cannot do any transfer/swap in my wallet, keep showing me there’s something wrong when send out my UST.

2. My recovery phrase also correct, and now I delete and reinstall Trust Wallet Apps, follow the steps to restore/import my wallet, the funds inside my wallets is all gone.

Please assist, I need help badly. Millions thanks

2 Likes

My transaction status, 28000UST is successfully from Huobi exchange to Trust Wallet, but the fund is not there.

Can you please help me to check:

Withdrawal address to Trust Wallet is
terra14p3a304ee9jp6udemhvnfzzpalr3vnr0nx2dtg

Transaction ID is
33E064ABF02BAD85EEF79D81E8D4CA4D82756873CC9AE5F498FFC3CDA7CC0F0E

Please get back to me asap, thank you

@emilynk To better assist, please send the following information:

1. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)

2. Crypto wallet address (press the receive icon near the send button, take a screenshot of the QR code, and attach it here)

3. Transaction hash or link (if you have any, please copy and paste)

4. Screenshots of the wallet (including errors or missing balance)

1 Like
  1. Version 7.5(638)

2. terra14p3a304ee9jp6udemhvnfzzpalr3vnr0nx2dtg

33E064ABF02BAD85EEF79D81E8D4CA4D82756873CC9AE5F498FFC3CDA7CC0F0E

Hello Jenny

Any updates? I am waiting for your reply.
I feel appreciate with your help. Thank you

Hello

I would like to follow up with you.
Can you please provide any solution to recover back my wallet and fund, I need your advice.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello Jenny

How was it going? I am waiting for your reply.
Please help to recover back my wallet and check where is my fund now.
Thank you

@emilynk you received your funds and transferred out to another address, here’s transaction: Terra Finder

Thank for your reply.

But I never do any transfer out to anybody.
Even the my wallet never show me transfer history. How could it be? It is not safe using Trust Wallet.

Do you have solution to take back my UST?

@emilynk If you didn’t authorize that transfer, then your wallet is compromised and here are the possible reasons:

1. You shared your 12 words (via phishing, social engineering, etc.);

2. You saved your 12 words in a very bad place;

3. Your device is corrupted with malware;

4. Someone had physical access to your device;

5. You entered your recovery phrase on a fake/clone app;

6. You transacted with a malicious DApp.

Unfortunately, confirmed transactions on the blockchain are irreversible. It is your responsibility to make sure your wallet is not compromised since the app is a non-custodial wallet (meaning, you SHOULD be the only one who holds the secret phrase and private keys).

Please read and understand this:

Learn more about how to protect your cryptos and new wallet: