Trust wallet should implement 2FA

Trust wallet should implemente 2FA.i see too many tokens being taken and scammers are rampant. I notice many exchanges use that. Any plans for Trust wallet to do the same.

4 Likes

I know. I am one of those victims currently trying to get my custom tokens moved from one wallet to another. They already stole a small amount of BNB because they got my keys. And to move custom tokens is complicated. I couldnt figure it out on time to get everything out of there. And it’s unfortunate that you can’t set new keys for your wallet. I had my account set to make sure that you put in the password for transactions and they still managed to get my small amount of BNB. Now my two custom tokens are stuck on there and they could probably get those too somehow. I’m really stuck.

1 Like

Hope they develop a 2FA . That would give many a peace of mind. Hope developers see this post

3 Likes

Hello,
Trustwallet is a decentralized, non-custodial wallet ie you manage your own mnemoninc or seedphrase. Your seedphrase is only owned by you and yourself not by trustwallet or any other non-custodial wallet, a contrario with an exchange you have to create an account (profil + password) which are stored in a database and they can help you when you forget or been scammed by someone.
It is not the case with a non-custodial wallet, your seedphrase is in your own responsability, if you forget it is lost, of you give to someone it is lost also.
The first security principle in the crypto is to never give your seedphrase to someone, it is pinned in all officials telegram groups because if you give your seedphrase, you give your funds

2 Likes

I just began using trust wallet and couldn’t find the 2FA enable button in the security page and then found this thread. I am shocked it doesn’t have 2FA !! This is reason enough to not use it even though I like it.

2 Likes

However - what in security, there is a “ask authentication” enabling for “transaction signing”. What is this ? This isn’t 2FA ?

They need to implement that… even exchanges offers it. Gives better protection…

Plus They have no customer service no phone number no email address I will never use them again ever

Duh, kind of figured that one out…
But what you don’t understand is the site looks so legit, The man sounded so professional just like talking to somebody at my local bank…and I don’t consider myself a dumb person I’m pretty street-smart from growing up in Detroit. From the time I clicked on telegram Customer support from the pancake swap web site, they Initiated everything I can tell you one thing it was a lesson learned and it will never happen again… But the F2 factor would have been great! Or a 2nd code to lock it down? Obviously it’s happening to a lot of people, innocent people… anyway I turned it over to the FBI
Now I got to figure out how to delete this compromised trust wallet or read up on the next step… God bless all

2 Likes

I got my money stolen without having given my key and TrustWallet’s only message to me was be careful next time.
I never gave my seedphrase to anyone.
Unless it is a theft by TW themeselves, giving out the seedphrase is obviously not the only way to get your funds stolen.
So they ABSOLUTELY need to implement the 2FAuthentification. I don’t even see why they refuse.
How did you do with the FBI investigation? Can they return your money if they find the thief? I’d appreciate a response. I am thinking of also filing a case. Thanks and good luck.

@2FAplease
Sorry to hear about your recent experience. Here are the possible reasons:

1. You shared your 12 words (via phishing, social engineering, etc.);

2. You saved your 12 words in a very bad place;

3. Your device is corrupted with malware;

4. Someone had physical access to your device;

5. You entered your recovery phrase on a fake/clone app.

6. You transacted with a malicious DApp.

Unfortunately, confirmed transactions at blockchain are irreversible.

Please read and understand this:

Learn more about how to protect your cryptos and new wallet:

Yesterday 2021/11/22 around at 23.21.17 my all tokens were gone from my trust wallet Wallet/metamask , my public addres is: 0xb0adb523ca0e2134e6bfae098af3dff4e0cf9edf I opened Etherscan and was able to confirm that my tokens were tranfered to the following address: 0xa37887ef1f824230ad9782c65639ef48c396e349

@tahminaweb Sorry to hear about your recent experience. Here are the possible reasons:

1. You shared your 12 words (via phishing, social engineering, etc.);

2. You saved your 12 words in a very bad place;

3. Your device is corrupted with malware;

4. Someone had physical access to your device;

5. You entered your recovery phrase on a fake/clone app.

6. You transacted with a malicious DApp.

Unfortunately, confirmed transactions at blockchain are irreversible.

Please read and understand this:

https://community.trustwallet.com/t/my-recovery-phrase-has-been-exposed/22405

Learn more about how to protect your cryptos and new wallet:

No I have not shared it with anyone . i saved it securely i myself is IT person . Its curent value is $15000 . Please help me to recover my tokens

@tahminaweb
Please be informed that Trust Wallet cannot reverse, cancel, nor refund confirmed transactions in the blockchain.

As stated in my original message, I have NOT shared my 12 words seed phrase. I don’t even know it without looking it up and it isn’t saved on any device.
You read that and yet post that this is a reason why my funds were stolen. Yet you do not answer why TrustWallet refuses to give us the 2FA.
I am really not impressed with TrustWallet.

@2FAplease
The app does not have 2FA or verifications of transactions via email.
Here are some tips that may help further enhance the security of your funds:

so how does it work then someone hacked my money quite easily there is no 2FA so it was easy for them now even we know address but trust wallet not willing to take any action how is this work

Don’t use metamask as it’s connected to your computer easily hacked. Trust wallet alot safer. Just my opinion.