Watch wallet issue

Not sure how to begin…I had a crypto administrator transfer my coins from his platform binaryfx markets to my trust wallet. However … I just found out he transferred everything into a watch wallet and I am unable to send or receive my money. I don’t think this is my wallet address…So in essence he is controlling my wallets and asking for 2500validate my wallet. What can I do to recover my wallet?? Please help??? Brenda

10 Likes

it happen to me to,that is why i dont like trust wallet, this watch only wallet feature is pain on the neck, i dont why you must pay ransom to get your access to your funds and assets, the developers must find a way to rather have trusted party validate wallets than the once sending the wallets, the only reason they send it this way is because they know you want your funds released and is then exploiting the oppertunity to extort more money from you, no wonder scammers prever to use this app, it is perfect for their needs and requirements

3 Likes

Seems sketchy. I presume this is happening due to the way the funds were sent to you.

2 Likes

Do you know if this can be reversed? What did you do to get your money from the watch wallet??

2 Likes

Did you get your money? If so what did you do to reverse the watch wallet issue??

3 Likes

@Bmorris4302
Please do the following:

• Make sure you have the backup of your recovery phrase, private key, or keystore JSON

• Uninstall the Trust Wallet app

• Install the app again

• Import using the backup (do not import an address, that will turn your wallet as a watch-only)

1 Like

Hi Jenny…I am not tech savvy…I’m afraid I’ll screw this up…

So the watch wallet address I’m not sure if it’s my address…how do I verify that??

I have my secret phrases

If I follow your instructions as typed…I should be ok and able to transfer the money to my bank??

1 Like

I followed your instructions now I can’t find the money,pls help me!!!
Thank you

1 Like

Hello @Bmorris4302
If the addresses don’t contain your funds, there could be a number of reasons:

1 This is a completely different wallet, make sure you imported the correct one.
2 You have restored the wrong recovery phrases. Every recovery phrase has its own unique Multi-Coin wallet addresses. You need to find the correct set of words to recover your wallet. We do not have a record of these recovery phrases.

1 Like

jip, i insisted that he must send the funds to my luno wallet, i gave him my luno wallet ETH receiving address, he refused to send it there, he insisted that he use Trust Wallet and that i must download it, i send him the trust wallet ETH receiving address, he send me a whats app stating the was payment send from his side and i must check my email, he clearly stating it is from trust wallet support confirm that a payment was suscessfully send to my wallet address but i havent received any payments, he then said i cant see any payments because my trust wallet is not validated yet, he guide me to create another wallet in the multi wallet, and he then send me a code i must paste in the paste in the paste area, since then it is an watch wallet, i contacted him again and he then told me i must go to the email that trust wallet send me and reply to trust wallet support and ask to be validated, i replied as he instructed and received a email from the address i replied to, they want me to send my ID no and a deposit of $1100 to a wallet address and i must email proof of payment and said that the deposit will be credited to my account once the validation process is complete, i was dump struct thinking, what the hell, my luno account was validated with no cost at all, what is this, i went back to the email and notifed the email address looks dodgy, i paste the email address in google search, cant find any related reverse to it, the email address is clearly not send from trust wallet support, i suspect he created this email address and he send it claiming it was end from trust wallet, i confront him about it, he then reply by throwing guilt psychology tacts on me.
Anyway i dont know how this validate process is supposed to work and how it is implemented, the fact is if i dont give him my ID no and a deposit then i cant use my funds, it will remain stuck in a watch only wallet, i dont know how to get past this watch only screen to get to my funds

2 Likes

@Deon74 if you are the owner of the wallet you have to import wallet recovery phrase or private keys to have full access of your wallet, here’s a guide: How to Import a Wallet via Recovery Phrase

But if you imported scammer’s wallet address as watch wallet, you can’t withdraw from it as you don’t have access to that wallet.

1 Like

I keep trying and trying …the amount that came across is $13.65…

I only have two secret phrases but the etherum wallet is not showing.
It keep wanting me to put in an address and you said not to??? Pls help!!!

1 Like

Hi all
I was able to find the wallet but it’s still in a watch wallet stage after uninstalling the Trust wallet app and reinstalling. pls help me import the watch wallet with my address so that I can send and receive money???

will I have to create a new wallet with a different secret phrase in order to make the watch wallet active??

Thanks for any helpful information .

1 Like

Hello, I am writing to you because I had a problem with my TrustWallet. On Monday I received cryptocurrencies that I did not deposit or claim in my wallet, in addition, some cryptocurrencies that I did not enable appeared as visible to me. I wanted to know why they are in my wallet if I don’t deposit and enable them.
The coins that I do deposit and are mine are: Metaking, MetamuskToken, Bnb and Tron, the others are not mine.
I attach an image of the coins I received, that I did not deposit and did not enable.
I need help. Support tickets don’t work.

1 Like

@Pablo8 Hey, Such coins randomly distribute by project owners to increase holders or for any other intention. Nothing to panic About, Avoid them.

Your funds are safe as long as you keep your 12 words recovery phrase safe.

I am afraid that my funds will be taken away, since I have not shared my wallet address with anyone, and someone has made certain cryptocurrencies visible that I did not have as visible
Those cryptos are not enabled by me, nor do I add them.

Hola! Tengo esta misma situación, la persona a la que le transferí el dinero, me dio instrucciones para crear una billetera de vigilancia y no puedo acceder a mis monedas. Es una estafa. Necesitamos ayuda! Esta aplicación se presta para que los estafadores roben a las personas.

English pls I do not speak Spanish…can you pls translate your message
Thank you