Bitcoins not imported

I imported a multi-coin wallet in Trustwallet using Recovery Phrase, the procedure completely successfully but I have 0 balance on bitcoin (all the other coins have been migrated correctly).
Any clue?

4 Likes

You can follow this guide to check your BTC address:

3 Likes

Hi zachzwei,
thanks for the reply.
If I enter the account public key from the TrustWallet (using the procedure you describe) I don’t get any result in blockchain.com.
If I enter the extended public key from my old wallet (the one I want to recover in TrustWallet) I can see the BTC balance and all transactions.
Why the BTC public key was not imported correctly in TrustWallet using the recovery phrase?
How can I use TrustWallet to manage my BTC? I want to stop using my old wallet and use TrustWallet instead.

Thanks,
Fel

3 Likes

Are you using a different app before?
There is a possibility that they are using a different derivation path for their wallet.

3 Likes

Yes, I was using Blockchain.com; in fact I still have access to it and I can see all the funds there.

2 Likes

That is the reason why the Bitcoin address was not showing.
Not all wallets have the same derivation paths.
If you want to completely migrate to Trust Wallet, I would suggest creating a fresh new wallet and then just transfer your coins/tokens over to the new addresses.

3 Likes

I am reading now about derivation paths and I am I bit worried of the fact not all wallets use the same.
What is the point of a Recovery Phrase if you need to use it on the same app to be sure you recover all funds? Is there a way to know which app use same derivation path?
PS: I just used the Recovery Phrase on CoinbaseWallet and it was able to recover all coins (including BTC).
Does it mean that if I create a new wallet with TrustWallet I will not be able to recover it on CoinBase or Blockchain.com?

3 Likes

The most integral part of your wallet is the Private Keys.
Recovery phrases just ensure that the keys are encrypted.
We have covered some articles on how to migrate from other wallet apps here:

As long as you can get the Private Key, it should work on other wallets.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: No option to import the private key for bitcoin?