Total n00b.. sent ETH to Smart Chain and it disappeared

Hey all,

Really new to all this, and got myself a little lost. I’ve been trying to convert some ETH I deposited into my new trust wallet to Binance Smart Chain. Couldn’t quite figure out how to do it, so thought I could just copy the smart chain address, and send my eth to it. Transaction said it went through, but Smart Chain still said 0. Now I’ve discovered that the addresses for both ETH and Smart Chain are identical… did I just send it in a loop, and get charged for it?

Secondly, can anyone help me convert? If my own stupidity cost me the transaction fee… I get it, I’ll take that loss as a learning experience… and who knows, maybe I’m not educated enough to play in this world, but if you’re willing to help me out, I’d greatly appreciate it!

1 Like

Hello @vypr907 To better assist, please send the following information:

1. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)

2. Crypto wallet address (press the receive icon near the send button, take a screenshot of the QR code, and attach it here. Also copy and paste it in plain text)

3. Transaction hash or link (if you have any, please copy and paste)

4. Further details about your issue (please explain what you were trying to do)

5. Screenshots of the wallet (including errors or missing balance)

2 Likes

Hello!

Address
0xA230e10B4538f1f509A9d75726FdE1CA829742a0

Transaction Hash
0x987d66498a32b006c49d362b824793e553102a9275f5a3e1e513a3181bcb83a8
Link to transaction on etherscan
https://etherscan.io/tx/0x987d66498a32b006c49d362b824793e553102a9275f5a3e1e513a3181bcb83a8

I was trying to convert my ETH to Smart Chain (trying to ultimately pick up some moonmoon), and I guess I didn’t know what I was doing, and thought I could send it from one address to another. Now I’m just trying to find out what happened. Did I lose my coins? Because it’s the same address, did it just go in a loop, and I’m out the transaction fee? How do I go about changing ETH → BSC?

Thank you so much for any help or education you can give me!!

1 Like

@vypr907 you can’t exchange Native ETH to BNB/smart chain directly in the app. You have to send your ETH to exchange such as Binance and exchange your ETH for BNB.

1 Like

I gathered that… and thank you for answering the second part of my question… but I’ll ask my first part again. Did I lose my coins for good?

1 Like

@vypr907 transaction fee is non refundable, read more: What is an ETH gas fee?

1 Like