Tried to swap AAVE to ETH. Charged a transaction fee but no swap occured

Hello there,

I tried to swap my AAVE tokens to ETH. Here is the Etherscan link:

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xbe97c287b6b57d1034c65d649ad794b750763e616fdc03f2a6a5ddfdcbff4a77

I paid a transaction fee, but haven’t received the swap. My AAVE balance is the same, my ETH balance reflects the transaction fee. Is there just a delay in the balance of my ETH reflecting this swap?

Hello @devondeason When swapping tokens for the first time, you have to approve it first to be spendable. And, that is what you did just now.

Since you are done approving the token, you need to enter the amount that you want to exchange then press the swap button.

All in all, you will confirm two transactions: approve and swap

NB: Both token approval and swapping transactions needs gas fees.

Read more: What is Token Approval?

1 Like

Hi @Alan47

Ah I see, okay, thanks for that.

Now I see the network fee to swap 1.781 AAVE ($569 USD) to ETH says it will cost $341.31 USD. That can’t be right, can it?

@devondeason
The app does not charge a fee but there is a network fee that will be paid to the miners.

Once you try and send an amount, it automatically calculates the fees.

Learn more here:

I paid the gas fee of 130€ and the transfer process was not completed, I want the money back immediately, and I do not want to use this thing again

@Sietske1 When swapping tokens for the first time, you have to approve it first to be spendable. And, that is what you did just now.

Since you are done approving the token, you need to enter the amount that you want to exchange then press the swap button.

All in all, you will confirm two transactions: approve and swap

NB: Both token approval and swapping transactions needs gas fees.

Read more: What is Token Approval?