Uniswap stole my gas fee

Hi

I have tried to swap erc20 token called MTO. I transferred some eth to my trust wallet to cover gas fees when swapping on uniswap.

I put down 1222mto and tried to swap for eth. I received the confirmation. They took the gas fee. But there was no swap. I still have the same amount of MTO but eth gas fee was taken . This is very annoying. Please can you help.

Here is the transaction details
https://etherscan.io/tx/0xdd42288a14f0c16dfeb3c908cad1f24ae0704e0265c9eec6afc96676d21c6694

1 Like

Hello @CRYPTOJOY When swapping tokens for the first time, you have to approve it first to be spendable. And, that is what you did just now.

Since you are done approving the token, you need to enter the amount that you want to exchange then press the swap button.

All in all, you will confirm two transactions: approve and swap

NB: Both token approval and swapping transactions needs gas fees.

Read more about tokens approval here: What is Token Approval?

Hello @Kordian To better assist, please send the following information:

1. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)

2. Crypto wallet address (press the receive icon near the send button, take a screenshot of the QR code, and attach it here. Also copy and paste it in plain text)

3. Transaction hash or link (if you have any, please copy and paste)

4. Further details about your issue (please explain what you were trying to do)

5. Screenshots of the wallet (including errors or missing balance)

@Kordian When swapping tokens for the first time, you have to approve it first to be spendable. And, that is what you did just now.

Since you are done approving the token, you need to enter the amount that you want to exchange then press the swap button.

Read more: What is Token Approval?

Hello i have the same problem but dont know how to slove it?

Hello, I have a problem with two transactions. Yesterday, when you traded USDT for OBORT

0xc975ece7f8ce307bdd10a114c94d6844146179f0f256473b1237aa0a07912883

the eth transaction fee was charged from my account, but I did not receive any OBORTECH tokens.

Today, however, I wanted to exchange a pair of USDT for ETH and also charged a fee for the exchange in ETH, but I did not receive ETH tokens from this transaction!

0x446dbf04fef080889535059088b8b2589114c4b048e8043757efbd7dc288a23e

Please answer what is happening.

@mikebb When swapping tokens for the first time, you have to approve it first to be spendable. And, that is what you did just now.

Read more: What is Token Approval?

@Alan47 Hey, i dont know where on metamask or on Uniswap its opction to aprove token. Where click to do it?

I have the same issue if you could help me since it that would be great

@Jakestor Can you provide more information regarding this?