0.5TWT refund after moving tokens from Binance

Hello,

I am just wondering if the 0.5 TWT tokens will be refunded to us after having moved the tokens from our Binance account to the TWT wallet?

If not, then it is also cool because I am just happy to be part of the airdrop but I was just wondering if the 0.5 ever gets refunded?

Hi @bkstrydom,

The 0.5 TWT fee is charged by Binance, not Trust Wallet. I don’t think it will be refunded. Though you can contact their customer support and see if it’s possible.

Its a bit strange to me that we were forced to move it out of the binance wallet in order to hold on to them but then also forced to pay the fee…

The other problem is that Binance NEVER replies to tickets so it’s near impossible to get them to respond to anything!

It’s airdropped anyways. You were given the option to just leave it there (till it reaches the expiry) or withdraw it. No one was forced to do so.

Also, they have a live chat here: Support Center
(a chat icon can be clicked on the bottom right corner). You might want to give it a try (yes, they do reply).

2 Likes

This day you stay online for hours alot of people always online waiting for their CS

we were ALL forced. See this post from Binance: How To Claim Your Trust Wallet Token (TWT) Airdrop On Binance | Binance Blog

It clearly stated “You must claim your airdrop by January 5th 2021 00:00AM UTC, or the tokens will be lost.

They even recommended that we use Trust Wallet in order to transfer them.

How to claim your TWT

If you received the TWT airdrop, the TWT will be in your Binance spot wallet now. TWT is not listed for trading on Binance, so to use your tokens you must withdraw to a wallet that supports Binance Smart Chain. You must claim your airdrop by January 5th 2021 00:00AM UTC, or the tokens will be lost.

We recommend using Trust Wallet to store your TWT. Click here to download Trust Wallet.

2 Likes

Binance did not forced you to withdraw them.
That is your choice to make. Either to withdraw it or not.
They gave you free tokens, and in return, you have to pay some for the withdrawal.
That is how centralized exchanges work.

3 Likes

ok, noone held a gun to our heads! obviously! geez!

but why would we want to throw away our coins? So OBVIOUSLY the ONLY way to keep the coins was to transfer it out and as stated by binance, if we didn’t we would lose the coins. So by association, we were forced for the lack of a better term! sigh… really guys!

If I gave you free coins would you just let them expire?? I think not! Therefore we WERE forced if we wanted to keep them…

Binance gave you a free opportunity to test Trust wallet and even make money on it, and you are still unhappy. It’s funny)

OMW! I NEVER said I was unhappy!

I only asked about the fees. but if this is what it is then so what…ok … I don’t really care…

you people are sensitive!

1 Like

Hey, I am not judging, that’s really funny. it’s like coming to the other side of town for a prize and asking for a refund on gas costs :thinking:

1 Like

if the prize was GAS itself then it wouldnt be funny like this situation. Its more like they say you will get a prize of 100 bananas and when you fetch it from them, they take 0.5 of a banana from the prize itself as a fee just for holding it for you. Ive never heard of people taking a part of your prize as compensation just for keeping it for you :smile:

They should have zero’d the transactions for the withdrawels seeing as though they were giving us 100 coins and not 99.5

but look…it is what it is…I dont care…it came free and I was just wondering about the fees.

Oh, please. Winners always pay taxes on all their winnings. Here you’re given twt tokens as a reason to get acquainted with the wallet, and the commission is also part of this.

Best to ask Binance this question as we have no way to do refunds.
Will be closing the thread now as I think we already provided the information asked.