20210419 KIN / SOL Wallet

Cannot Send KIN / SOLANA
Highly suspicious of this App.

Problem with sending out, which has not happened with any other application.

Here is a major issue with KIN.
It is only a matter of time before many users find their way here to complain and ask about this problem without any solution provided. It also reveals not only technical issues, but also financial issue on how KIN / SOLANA have handled the blockchain.

1. The migration of KIN to SOLANA
  • KIN has removed its tokens from the XLM chain and it does not have a chain of its own.
  • KIN team have somewhat merged with SOL piggiebacking on their chain to transfer
  • KIN team have suggested TrustWallet App to perform the merging of the KIN tokens onto the SOL blockchain
  1. Receiving KIN / SOL
  • This TrustWallet App has direct financial benefits to the issue aforementioned
  • The instructions given asks you to open a Solana Wallet and merge it with the private key of the KIN wallet.
    Note here that you have disclosed a private key to TrustWallet App.
  1. Problem
  • Once you had deposited or Received the tokens in this TrustWallet App
    YOU CANNOT SEND IT OUT to ANY ADDRESS
    Send out to proper addresses, does not work with Solana, nor Kin to send out any tokens.
  1. Exposing this App
  • This has been written to your community as a direct warning.
  • Many users shall attempt to keep trying to withdraw and send out their tokens.

If this issue continues,

• A full social media campaign shall be notified to reveal this issue.
  • If the App fails to address this in time, many Youtube channels shall be notified of this issue in full disclosure
1 Like

To Any and All Trust Wallet Users,

There has been serious problem with every withdraw failed with this App.
No tokens can been withdrawn.
#Message begins

"
Transaction Error

Transaction simulation failed: This account may not be used to pay transaction fees
"

#Message Ends

Until they fix this issue, it is totally recommended that NOBODY deposit any tokens under any circumstances.
This issue will be sent out to everyone forum and social media to cover this issue very shortly.

In the meantime, it is recommended that nobody send any more tokens to this application
and stop using this App until they rectify this issue.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @magneone,

Trust Wallet uses a different implementation compared to other wallets. It currently accepts Solana addresses instead of Token Account addresses. So in a sense, using the app, you can only send from TW (Trust Wallet) to another TW. Not unless the other wallets and exchanges follow Trust Wallet’s implementation.

Though, let’s double-check as well. To better assist, please send the following information:

1. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)
  2. Solana wallet address (press the receive icon near the send button, take a screenshot of the QR code, and attach it here)
  3. The recipient address that you were trying to enter and send to
  4. Screenshots of the wallet (including errors or missing balance)

I now have simular issues with sending kin, however i still can send sol.
And strangely enough I was able to send 2x some kin this morning, but now in the afternoon i got the error message.

So there’s no way to fix this issue? My SOL has been stuck for 3 days now and I need to use it urgently PLEASE I DO HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME SOLVE IT!!!

@Heyloc What do you mean stuck ?
It’s always best you open a support ticket through your Trust app and then wait patiently for a response.
Although before doing that, you should try troubleshooting the issue yourself like checking if your app version is up to date, reimport your wallet and see if the issue is still there.

To reduce response times from customer support, please include the following info in the ticket:

App version, device model, wallet address, TX hash (if available), and the blockchain + assets you’re experiencing the issue with, and any relevant screenshots or videos to duplicate the error.