Unfortunately, scammers are everywhere in crypto. We want to raise your awareness about some of the common scams and phishing attempts so you can be prepared if you are targeted. Almost all scams have similar tactics, which usually involve soliciting your private information so they can gain access to your crypto.
You should never share your recovery phrase or private key with anyone. Scammers may pretend to be someone of importance, such as our founder Viktor. You should know that Viktor, nor any other member of Trust Wallet staff, will never ask for your private information.
If scammers get access to your private information they will instantly withdraw your crypto and you’ll never see it again. That’s why you have to be careful.
- Never enter your private key or recovery phrase on any website unless you know what you are doing.
- Trust Wallet moderators or staff will never message you directly first.
- Trust Wallet moderators or staff will never have a reason to ask you for your recovery phrase or private key.
- Trust Wallet will never invite you to any Telegram giveaway groups.
- Always check to make sure you are on the official Trust Wallet website or social media channels.
- If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. If you’re ever unsure you can ask our staff about your concerns in Telegram or on the community forum .