BNB lost after migrating

Hi, i sent BNB to my Trust wallet and then it asked me to migrate to smart chain, which i did. Now my balance says zero on all BNB chains and it’s been over 24 hours now. Are my BNB lost forever now? Is there any way to recover it?

3 Likes

@Xiaopengu You should submit a support ticket from your Trust wallet app.

Settings → Support
or at support.trustwallet.com

To reduce response times from customer support, please include the following info in the ticket:

App version, device model, wallet address, TX hash (if available), and the blockchain + assets you’re experiencing the issue with, and any relevant screenshots or videos to duplicate the error.

1 Like

Tobi I tried to lodge a support ticket but before submitting I had to enter the email/password to submit the ticket. I tried my community forum details but it did not work. I even tried resetting my community forum password, still didn’t work. I tried clicking forget password at the support page but no email came. Each time I did so would reset my ticket and I had to do this several times to finally give up. Support on discord said to lodge the ticket via the mobile app and that the login issue had been removed, but I tried this I was stopped by the same login page. Please advice what else I can do?

1 Like

@incubustor If you see a login page, just refresh the page and submit the ticket again, it’s just a bug.

1 Like

I’ve tried this multiple times via app and desktop. Not sure how many times I have to keep trying.

1 Like

@incubustor When you see the login page, just hit the back button then resubmit, that should work.

2 Likes

Do you recommend I try using app or desktop for higher chance of success?

1 Like

@incubustor You could try on desktop, I had that error using chrome on desktop but the back button and resubmitting worked for me.

1 Like

Hi Tobi,
You have seen several posts in the last day all saying the same thing about BNB Migration with browser extension causing BNB to go to a completely wrong address and thus be permanently lost. This is a pretty serious issue, I really think this needs to be escalated ASAP and the browser extension updated to a known working version, or removed from the extension app store.

Andy

1 Like

Hi Xiaopengu,

This appears to be either a severe bug or some nefarious code in the Trust Wallet, as I have had the exact same issue, as have multiple other users. So far I have not heard anything from Trust Wallet about this, but clearly this is a problem that is caused by them, and it is not user error.

For some reason, they are still letting people download the Browser extension even though they know it is either buggy or hacked, and people keep on losing BNB. I’ve tried to escalate this to them in multiple ways, so far I’ve not heard any official response other than “log a support request”.

I’m sorry this has happened to you too. I lost basically my life savings yesterday thanks to this bug/vulnerability. So I’m pretty devastated, as I’m sure you are too.

I did a test in a separate wallet and recorded it into a video as proof of this, uploaded on Youtube: video id tlsuv2dKS0I

I hope Trust Wallet hurry up and respond.

Andy

2 Likes

@anj Can you please provide this video proof to the support team after submitting the ticket.

1 Like

I was only sent a generic message informing me that the extension feature had been disabled, that an error had been identified, and that it would be rectified. However, there has been no mention of the lost funds, and I fear that we will never see them again, despite the fact that the error was entirely your responsibility.

As a new user with less than a day of experience, I am deeply troubled by the severity of this issue. This experience has left me feeling insecure and dissatisfied with the platform. I conducted extensive research beforehand, and your platform was consistently praised as the industry leader. Unfortunately, I cannot share this sentiment. I cannot recommend that anyone entrust their funds to your platform, as it has proven to be susceptible to critical errors and unresponsive to compensation requests. Fortunately, I had only deposited a small amount for testing purposes due to it being my first day…

3 Likes

@edmitozotrade Sorry for the inconvenience, the bep2 loss of funds is actually a top priority now.
Please reach out to Customer support to report the loss of funds and a solution would be decided.

I happen to be one of them who lost BNB on a transfer from Beacon to Smart chain, as prompted by Trust Wallet. I used the trust wallet extension on chrome browser. Thereafter, raised a ticket with plenty of screenshots (on the 16th March), and still waiting for a human response (other than the automated system response) with assurances that the amount can be recovered.

I know the TW team is working on a fix, and i hope they come up with it soon and our funds are recovered.

I can even see where the funds went and have the address, but of course its just sitting pretty there on its own, and i have no access.

1 Like

@ib.i.b Please read my message above, you need to contact the Customer support team to report this.

2 Likes