BNB Staking Validator Decommissioned

I recently staked my BNB in Trustwallet, but the validator “alps” has been decommissioned. There is a locked period of 7 days prior to un-staking or changing the validator. What to do in this situation?

15 Likes

Apologies for the inconvenience.
The team is working on an update to allow redelegating of your staked BNB out of inactive validators.
This will be released next week.

10 Likes

@zachzwei

I have the same or similar issue:

1. I tried to unstake 1 BNB, the contract was processed successfully but the 1 BNB is in Pending state.
    What should I do in this case?
  2. Also, I still have 1 BNB staked with Ararat but now the validator’s name is “Decommissioned” and if I try to unstake I get the error message: “Not available. Current locktime is 7 days”

Thanks

4 Likes

Can you share your BNB address so that we can check further?

2 Likes

Thank you zachzwei. I have another question.
If I try to unstake I get error message since I only started staking 2 days ago. So I have to wait for 5 more days before I can unstake it and again 7 more days to re-assign to new validator? Is it?

2 Likes

I am running into the same issue. I can’t unstake but if the fix is being implemented next week I guess I could wait till next week to withdraw?

4 Likes

I have same problem but i can’t unstake…

I had the same problem: the Validator alps has been disabled. it was my first stalking and it was frustrating, especially as it is validator was in the help topic I read. there are only 2 days that I made the stake. won’t i earn interest? already some way to do without waiting 7 days?

4 Likes

Apparently we don’t get the rewards if validator becomes invalid. My First stake too… not a good experience.

3 Likes

I too. First and last.

3 Likes

Looks like the same issue for BNB-48 Club.

I’ve got the full staked amount showing as “Decommissioned” under “Pending Delegations”. I don’t have the option to “Unstake”, only “Withdraw” - which shows the same “Not available. Current locktime is 7 days”.

Appreciate the fix is coming next week but just wondering if the “Pending Delegations” means it is heading back to the Wallet and, if so, what the timeframe might be? Thanks.

1 Like

There are no options to unstake the staked BNB now for the decommissioned validators. Would the staked BNB be returned to the Trust Wallet after the 7 day period?

1 Like

I also have the same problem.
I staked about 2 BNB into validator Ararat and I can’t unstake
Will the decommissioned validator return my BNB?
Thanks in advance

1 Like

I also have the same problem.
I staked about 5 BNB into validator Ararat and I can’t unstake
Will the decommissioned validator return my BNB?
Thanks in advance

3 Likes

hello? @zachzwei
Is there any update?

I’ve got the same problem with validator Ararat. I staked 5th march, 3 BNB, today i wanted to unstake all my BNB, but the answer was current locking time 7 days! I will wait one more days just in case! Support team can you please fix this problem out? By the wait i didn’t receive any reward for 7 +7 days(unstaking time).
Thanks for advance.

1 Like

@zachzwei Only active validators are shown in the menu unstake. There are no inactive ones there. how to unstake it? Trust Wallet 1.27.8, Android 10

1 Like

I have the same issue, Staked BNB on Monday 8th March. both Validators are now showing as “decommissioned” and pending delegations. So assume I will not be earning staking reward going forward.
So what is the best course of action?

1. Wait until 7 days unstable and then re-stake with a different validator, even though I used 3 different validators and all are decommissioned.
  2. Hope the next validators don’t get decommissioned?
  3. Wait for this update next week to allow for re-delegation of my staked BNB out of inactive validators to active ones. If this is the case when re-delegating t a new validator will there be the normal 3 days period where I will be earning zero staking rewards when I am forced to move validators?
  4. Also once the lock period f 7 days is reached, and I then chose to unstake how long until I get my coins back? Same day ? i.e. I staked Monday, so can unstake the following Monday, and then re-stake immediately but have to wait another 3 days before staking rewards.
  5. With this new feature coming of re-delegation when I move to a new active validator will I earn rewards continuously.
  6. will I have to constantly log in daily to check my validators have not been decommissioned (in-active)?

Hi @zachzwei , I’m experiencing a similar issue. Can you check this for me too?
bnb1nacghg95al6m0yqmeac2hp2570yzas0frufcn4

1 Like

Hi, I have too this problem that alps validators are not show in menu unstaking and for me 7 days staking pas but for this problem I can not unstak and withdraw