BTC & ETH unusable on TrustWallet?

I used Uphold to purchase about $100 each of BTC and ETH with my debit card. My thinking was that I would use the BTC to trade for some altcoins such as $DOBO $LACE or $Loopring. And use some of the ETH for the same purpose and keep about half of it for “gas fees” because I heard you needed to have some ETH to cover gas fees for certain transactions.

I realized later that what I probably should’ve done was just used Trust to buy BNB directly. But now its too late and I lost a good amount on transaction fees sending it from Uphold to Trust.

What I did was send the ETH and BTC to my Trust wallet. And now that I have, I can’t use it on the DEX, neither coin comes up as an option to trade. Theres like at least 5 different versions of BTC but no BTC. And for ETH, I saw something called Ethereum Token but no Ethereum.

I went to DAPPS and tried Pancake Swap and it was basically the same. No ETH, no BTC. Im just stuck with over $170 in ETH and BTC. I’m thinking about just sending the BTC back to Uphold so I can withdraw it back to my bank account unless one of you can show me how to use Trust to swap BTC and ETH. I thought about adding them manually to Pancake Swap like I had to do with Empire Token but I am such a noob I couldn’t even find out how to locate the contract address for BTC. Its not showing up on CoinMarketCap where contract addresses are normally found…

Also am I correct to have ETH in my wallet to be used for gas fees? Is that a thing? I’ve never had it before and I’ve made like at least a dozen trades. I just got it as a just in case kinda thing now that I’ve been doing this for over a month now so I’m trying to advance myself but without really fully understanding what I’m doing.

I am gonna put more time into learning the basics but I’d really appreciate if someone could explain this to me. In the future I’ll just buy BNB directly like I did to get Empire and MicroPets. But I feel like its important to understand why my BTC and ETH are essentially unusable on Trust DEX and Pancake Swap… thank you in advance.

Did you ever get an answer? I’ve got the same thing and no
Help from Trust