Can I make a new coin

Just wondering can I build a new coin on etherium platform with the help of a team??

5 Likes

If you have good project then you can do

3 Likes

It’s very possible if you know how and also the capacity to maintain

2 Likes

Cresting own token requires about 30 min. There are tutorials how to create erc20 token. Just google it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes but you need to have it’s charism and also money for publicity, if not, zero

Adoption is the matter

2 Likes

YES!

Understand Solidity code for a Token

A token can be created as a smart contract in Ethereum. The complete source code of the contract can be found in
ethereum(org) /token location.
To create a new token we just need to change the name of the token in the code.
Creating your own Cryptocurrency is not a complex activity. It is simple and fun. Why not try yourself ?
Deploy Token in Main network
Deploying the contract is same as deploying it in Rinkeby test network. The only differences are :

• We need real Ether in our wallet. The cost of deploying contract is around 2 to 3 dollars.

• Main network should be selected in MetaMask
    Verification should be done by sending an email to etherscan

Disclaimer : the post i shared up here isnt an advice to invest in creation of tokens, but a simple explanation of how they are created. Take your time and do a thorough research.

2 Likes

Thanks for this valuable information but don’t we need teams if we want to build a coin with fully fledged working system?

Yes. A fully fledged project will need teams to build the entire ecosystem.

1 Like

Yes if it’s a good project you can do… What is your purpose to make a coin?? What are the uses cases??

1 Like

Yes anyone can create new Coín in just 1hour, but this is not the Matter… The importance is the idea behind the proyect …

1 Like

It can be used for collecting funds for your project/business by ICO - initial coin offering. It doesn’t haven to be blockachain project, just normal company or startup. People having your coins are “investors”.

2 Likes