Can’t use any of the dot in the dapps such as pancakeswap

Is there any problem with the polkadot coins on trust wallet? I’ve got a deposit but can’t use any of the dot in the dapps such as pancakeswap, please could you tell me how to fix this?

That’s still not fixing the problem, I’m using the 1.26.17 version…

Hi @Whitespot,

Pancakeswap is running on the Binance Smart Chain. If your Polkadot address does not start with 0x, then you can’t use it on that DApp.

But since I’ve already send it from binance to trust wallet how can I now use it on dapps?

I do have other wallets that star with 0x such as binance wrapped dot and binance-peg dot, do I need to send my dot to any of these two wallets?

No, you need to switch the Dot from polkadot network to Binance Smart Chain Network, you can do this by sending the Dot to your binance account, then withdraw the Dot on BSC network to the corresponding address in your wallet

which address did you send to from Binance initially? if you sent to Bep2 address, you can switch to bsc within TrustWalletApp

So all I have to do is send my dot in trust wallet to the binance smart chain wallet? Thought I could only send bnb there…

No do not send from one chain to another!!!

You have to use a bridge of some kind first, like within binance exchange

When Dot is in your hot wallet in your binance exchange account, on the withdraw screen you have to select the network you want to withdraw to. This is where you input the correct address from TrustWalletApp, so all the different types of Dot you see in the app correspond to these different networks from within Binance exchange.

If you want to use tokens on the bsc network, you have to first, make sure they are supported on bsc, then you have to get them onto a bsc address (the one in TrustWalletApp) after this you will see the token balances in pancake swap etc

As what along007 mentioned, you need to use a bridge for that first.

To clarify, please give us the following information:

1. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)
  2. Polkadot wallet address (press the receive icon near the send button, take a screenshot, and attach it here)

Thanks for both replies, I fixed my problem by sending the dot to binance and then from binance to binance smart chain, thank you once more :muscle:t3:

2 Likes