Can We Have 2FA Authentication

I have a thought as to have a second layer of security to avoid unauthorized transaction and approve transactions. May it be made possible to have 2FA authentication added to trust wallet either SMS, Email, or Goggle Authenticator.
I recently experienced transactions happening to my wallet while I see notifications of transactions I did not do or authorize. I have no idea how someone got access to my funds while I’m the only person who uses my phone.

5 Likes

Totally agree with Onnyx. Perhaps lots of us do really expect and hope that 2FA is being implemented/ added as part of the security reason.

3 Likes

Tnx mate. I know its the best way to safeguard your asset’s. No transactions can go out without your double approval to authenticate that’s it’s really you making the transaction.

@Onnyx @a1z3n Trust wallet is decentralized non-custodial wallet, that means we have no database for storing user informations, all informations are stored in your device. If no database, that means 2FA is impossible to implement as it needs you data to be stored on servers.

Here’s an article that explains the difference between custodial and non-custodial wallet: Difference Between Custodial and Non-custodial Wallets

Thanks I now understand the differences. It’s just that Im more concerned about the safety of our funds. Last time I suffered a dusting attack where by I noticed funds coming and going in and out of my wallet without my consent. Like someone else has full access to my wallet. Some of my funds were affected.

@Onnyx Learn more about how to protect your cryptos and wallet:

1 Like

I just had a few hundred dollars worth of coins taken from my account. It was done in the middle of the night while I was a sleep. So I did not see the push notification till I woke up. Having 2FA would make me feel better about staying with TW.

1 Like