Confused about Coin amount and price. Safemoon

Hello everyone,

Sorry I am new to this. I bought Safemoon coins from pancakeswap for 1.3 BNB.
~value was 696$ but I got coins for a lesser value it says in the transaction details and when I looked in my wallet I had more money that the transaction value. But that is not the issue.
What confuses me is that the amount of coins in my wallet keeps changing constantly. I was under the impression that you buy a set amount of coins and that the value of the coin goes up or down not its amount. Both coin amount and value chance. What am I missing?

2 Likes

If you buy safemoon you will receive tokens of other buyers. Every buyer loses 5% and another 5% is distributed over existing holders. So as long you don’t sell you’r safemoon tokens, they will increase with every new buyer.

1 Like

I was also searching this question, Why coins are increasing in trust wallet. Well, Thanks for your answer @Eelco

I have another two questions:

1. Will I get the same safemoom bonus as I have 20Cr. Safemoon and my friend is having 50Cr safemoon??

2. Is there any other coin like this which gives automatic coin bonus?

Please let me know. Thanks again!

How come the numbers keep increasing but the value the same ? I’ve bought a lot of coins and based on % I keep receiving from others I should have higher $value of wallet right?

1 Like

It might be that the coin amount and value numbers update separately from each other so when the amount updates and goes up the total value has not updated yet and is still the same.
This is just my guess, don’t quote me on it.

Hi, I has same problem. I bought safemoon for a value of 260usd in BNB but when I checked the balance 5 minutes later the value was 430usd. It just doesn’t make any sense so I’m confused.
Do you know why that happens?
Thanks

When I bought it, the amount showed that I had 6170,000, 4 days later, I have 5477,000. buyers loses 5%, I didn’t buy at all, how come I lose the coins? Will I keep losing?

@Ymirtree I’m trying to figure this out too! It doesn’t make any sense

Yeah even I’m facing same problem it keeps changing constanly. But not the value!

Why the coins keep reducing ?? The amount should only change right ! My case the coins decreasing !

Please explain

Hello @rprinku To better assist, please send the following information:

1. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)

2. Crypto wallet address (press the receive icon near the send button, take a screenshot of the QR code, and attach it here. Also copy and paste it in plain text)

3. Transaction hash or link (if you have any, please copy and paste)

4. Further details about your issue (please explain what you were trying to do)

5. Screenshots of the wallet (including errors or missing balance)

Hi Alan,
I bought some $DOGEN today. The Block shows 101B coins were sent to my trust wallet but in Trust wallet it is showing me just 86B coins. 
1- Trust wallet version 6.8(681)
2- Crypto wallet address - 0xb822eB65fB5099e03B5A4a3D6E29943f7FD788633 
3- Transaction Hash-0xa3f11376a634807271119edfe79085f9c6e0717449f5dd8ad522526382d40631
4- Per transaction Hash - From PancakeSwap V2: $DOGENTo 0xb822eb65fb5099e03b5a4a3d6e29943f7fd78863 For 101,461,709,695.2781 Dogenomics ($DOGEN) but my Trust wallet only shows  86,242,453,240.9864. 
Regards,
Shikhar
![IMG_5177|231x500](upload://cmY9UjIvw64UaZkMF7rZzgFF2P0.jpeg)
![IMG_5179|231x500](upload://nC8xMuVZZUInz53wk4w3Gp9anto.jpeg)

There is no problem with the app. This token has an elastic supply.
Elastic supply tokens have a changing circulating supply. The idea is that instead of price volatility, what changes is the token supply through events called rebases.
Simple explanation. Price goes up, less tokens. Price goes down, more tokens.
I suggest you to read and understand on tokenomics of any project before investing.