Did I get hacked?

I had some BNB in my Trust Wallet. I’m not big into crypto so I don’t use Trust Wallet that often, and I only bought some BNB out of curiousity. Yesterday I checked and suddenly there is no money in my app anymore. According to the transfer history it had been sent somewhere 12 days ago.

The money was not large, but I am really freaked out to how this could have happened and if my other banking apps are at risk. I stored my Trust Wallet passphrase on my computer on a document file. However, I have had no alerts for malware or viruses on my computer and I am fairly cautious in clicking links, opening suspect emails or entering sensitive information. Same goes for my phone wher I had the app.

Is it possible for Trust Wallet to find out where or by what means this happened? Like if someone hacked into my app on my phone remotely or if it happened some other way

Best,
Crypto Fool

@Cryptosmissing If you notice an unauthorized transaction on your wallet, then it is most likely compromised and you need to stop using the wallet immediately.

We have no way to identify the person who has access to a specific wallet or address.
Anyone can create a wallet without the need for any user verification.

Trust Wallet does not hold the funds. Everything is on the blockchain.
What this means is that a wallet can be accessed using a different app.

The Trust Wallet team cannot reverse, cancel, or refund confirmed transactions in the blockchain since the app is a non-custodial wallet. All transactions done in the blockchain are permanent.

It is recommended to create a new wallet and abandon the compromised one. Please make sure you downloaded and installed the legitimate Trust Wallet app on official sites, you can check here: https://trustwallet.com/

Learn more:

Hey,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes I am aware that the transactions are final. I am just wondering how it was done.

To hack my account is the only way to get access to my passphrase? I had this on a file on my computer, but is this the only way they could have accessed it? Im trying to figure out what has been compromised, my computer where I stored the passphrase (and no one except myself have local access to) or my phone where the app was (but where I did not store the passphrase).

Thanks for taking the time.

Best,
CF

@Cryptosmissing There are a couple ways your wallet could be compromised, a couple are listed here:

Hello,
I do not how to reach out to adminisrators, but, please, could you help:

Please help me to get back 27 270,57 USDT as those were stolen this morning from my wallet 0x947141153c8fB15255bEeB20686b3e2d6541F212

Please see attached the wallet number, application version and history list as well application message that the page can not been loaded with transaction of the stolen USDT.

My account was hacked. The page with transaction, where the money where stolen, can not be loaded. See the attachments.

Please, please help me to return the stolen funds of 27 270,57 USD from my wallet this morning!

Waiting from you the soonest possible answer!

Thank you!

@aigars If you notice an unauthorized transaction on your wallet, then it is most likely compromised and you need to stop using the wallet immediately.
Please be informed that Trust Wallet is a free, decentralized app that allows users to be custodians of their crypto assets.

Anyone can create a wallet without the need for any user verification.
We have no way to identify the person who has access to a specific wallet or address.

Trust Wallet does not hold the funds. Everything is on the blockchain.

What this means is that a wallet can be accessed using a different app.

The Trust Wallet team cannot reverse, cancel, or refund confirmed transactions in the blockchain since the app is a non-custodial wallet. All transactions done in the blockchain are permanent.

It is recommended to create a new wallet and abandon the compromised one. Please make sure you downloaded and installed the legitimate Trust Wallet app on official sites, you can check here: https://trustwallet.com/

Learn more:

I have downloaded the legitimate Trust Wallet app from the Play Store.

Trust Wallet does not hold the funds. Everything is on the blockchain. - How the wallet can be accessed without the password and without the keywords. So, I am totally scammed and robbed!

@aigars Your wallet could be compromised by also clicking a bad link
or a compromised device hence not just by giving out your seed phrase