Error_invalid_address when attempting a THORChain swap

Did not find any mention of this error in the boards, perhaps someone has experienced the same error and has ideas?

When trying to swap BTC for BNB, I get to the “confirm transaction” stage, go through the security check, and after a couple of seconds, get an error pop-up:

Transaction error. Sign Error: Error_invalid_address

Have tried to swap for other coins on BSC, nothing works. This affects both 7.19.2 and 7.20 versions.

Can’t attach a screenshot due to error An error occurred: Sorry, you can't embed media items in a post.

3 Likes

My support ticket regarding the above has just been closed with no feedback after 4 days. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Hello @liuville
Can you kindly provide screenshots of what you’re trying to do and the error received; if possible please make a video recording of the issue (you can upload it via Google Drive, then share the viewing link here, and make sure the permission is updated [example: https://i.imgur.com/o4f1ABK.png])

1 Like

Thanks, @Tobi, I did it on weekend, but for some reason my post wasn’t published.
Reposting the link

1 Like

@liuville The bitcoin network is experiencing long processing time for transactions therefore it is not advisable to change the suggested network fee.
Can you try the swap again, this time updating your app to the recent version and using the suggested gas fee.

1 Like

@Tobi I’ve tried keeping the default network fee rate and the swap has worked. But the rate was unnecessarily high. The Bitcoin leg of the swap got into the first available block, and according to mempool.space the rate was 3x higher than the optimal (easily being twice as high as the high priority rate of the moment). For a one-off transaction this markup (~$1.5-2.5) may be ignored, but with the current state of network these would quickly stack up if one needs to make several transactions. So it would be great to see the bug fixed.

In addition to specifying a custom fee rate, ThorSwap also display the expected slippage rate and allows setting a limit on it. So for high value transactions it is currently ahead of TW. I hope TW catches up soon (I do have the most recent version installed).

1 Like

@liuville It’s not actually a Trust wallet issue.
The bitcoin network just happens to be congested this period and hence why the fees are high.

1 Like

What I meant was that on top of higher than historical Bitcoin network fee rates, TW sets its fee rate still several times higher than needed. A user may be comfortable to choose their own network priority, if necessary wait an hour or even a few. There is no need to force the tx to get into the next block, and that’s why the custom rate setting is there in TW. It just does not work at the moment.

2 Likes