ETH balance is in Wallet but not in Contract Deployment

I am trying to create an NFT collection on Rarible and so I sync’s up to my Trust Wallet. I purchased some ETH through Trust Wallet yesterday to complete this transaction. When I get to Deploy Contract it pops up in Trust Wallet and I hit accept and then the Sign Message on Rarible also completes, but when I look at the details of the transaction it says 0 ETH was sent and my collection doesn’t pop up there.

The heart of what seems to be wrong is that when I do the Deploy Contract part in Trust Wallet, it says 0 ETH at the top, which is not accurate. Yet, based on various gas fees when the price fluctuates, it will tell me when I have insufficient ETH and when I do have enough ETH it lets me approve the transaction. So I’m not sure how to make it not show 0 ETH and in fact show my correct balance to pull from. Anyone else see this before or know what I can do? I put in a support ticket but am still waiting help and getting frustrated as ETH prices keep dropping.

2 Likes

Hello @joshmoore7 To better assist, please send the following information:

1. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)

2. Crypto wallet address (press the receive icon near the send button, take a screenshot of the QR code, and attach it here. Also copy and paste it in plain text)

3. Transaction hash or link (if you have any, please copy and paste)

4. Further details about your issue (please explain what you were trying to do)

5. Screenshots of the wallet (including errors or missing balance)

1.)

2.)

3.)
0x3c090995a0e80880e8096e1edf90818a8c880538b6e845373b12577dceb4ec22
The transaction hash was a smart contract call and says it sent 0 ETH but I still got charged a fee amounting to about $45 when it did that.

4.)

So this is what it looks like when I do the Smart Contract Call. You’ll notice it says 0 ETH at the top. Now it does say insufficient ETH due to the request being bigger than my balance. But yesterday when I did it the gas fees made this transaction about $500 and I had and clicked the approval button (#3 above). So it recognizes if I have enough or not, just saying 0 at the top for some reason.

5.) Here’s my wallet balance.

@joshmoore7 transaction says you sending 0 ETH because it is a smart contract call not ETH transfer but the deducted amount of ETH is for gas fee.
Every blockchain transaction needs transaction fee no matter what you are trying to do.

About, why it needs higher it depends on what you are trying to do, but fee is set by smart contract address you are trying to interact with, it’s better to contact Rarible for clarification.