Fake Telegram channel Scam!

I have just seen in a group on telegram called Trust Wallet Official about a web testing contest to win airdropped TWT, where they want you to go a link that takes you to a screen that looks identical to the app ‘add wallet’ screen, select restore from phrase and ENTER YOUR PASSPHRASE!

UPDATE: This is a confirmed scam, please do not fall for it

21 Likes

Dear Trusteer,
Anything you see elsewhere, confirm if you’ve seen it here, or confirm from Trust Wallet website. If it’s not seen in these two places, don’t engage in it.

Be careful where you key in your passphrase. It’s the key to your wallet. It’s supposed to be personal & secret. Nobody has the right to ask you to input it anywhere.

You’re supposed to use it to recover your wallet incase anything happens to your phone or you change phone.

This is my personal advice. Other Trusteers will also air their own opinions.

Thank you!

8 Likes

It’s completely scam… Don’t fall for these scams… And there is no web testing contest is going on… There is no update or announcement about web browser, and be careful

8 Likes

As soon as it started talking about entering your passphrase, alarm bells went off. But then I wanted to come and warn others, as the link opens a page identical to the screen in the app to add another wallet, and some people may believe this is genuine

7 Likes

The official Trust Wallet Channel👇

7 Likes

A lot of scams are going on telegram to earn free coins. Beware of these.

5 Likes

There is no TWT airdrop, just ways to get rewarded or earn it.

4 Likes

You shouldn’t give out your security phrase for anything. Stay safe and secure. Pls we all should be careful.

4 Likes

This scam was offering TWT as a reward for ‘testing the web app to restore wallets’

There were even bonuses offered for restoring wallets with large values in them already!

Be careful everyone! We all know not to give out our passphrases, but this scam imitated the Trust mobile app, the pages to add the passphrase to restore are identical. I have seen some comments in the group, so people are actually doing this

5 Likes

Be carefull mate. Many scam in telegram

4 Likes

Scammers are everywhere looking for the weak to feast on

4 Likes

Always be careful and don’t share your key phrases to anyone, secure your key phrases in a safe place, if you join to any group observe first and think twice if you don’t want to lose your money

4 Likes

Scammers are like roaring lions seeking whom they will devour.
So let’s be very careful

3 Likes

It seems to of got a lot worse recently, the scams are getting more convincing, double check all sources always before doing anything everybody!

3 Likes

Yes Telegram is their host. They are hiding there

3 Likes

seen a lot of them. beware of these scammers. thanks for reporting!

2 Likes

Scammer and fake account is everywhere on social media. Becareful before using guys!!!

3 Likes

Don’t fool with it, They usually make fake giveaway and impersonate the original person . Do not send any money and never give your 12 secret word

3 Likes

Is there a way to change my 12 passphrase to another one. I need to make this change

Please read and understand this:

https://community.trustwallet.com/t/my-recovery-phrase-has-been-exposed/22405

Learn more about how to protect your cryptos and new wallet: