I sent my OMI to my Trustwallet but selected a BEP20 address to send them to instead of the GO20 address

Oops! I need help please! I sent my OMI from my Bitforex wallet to my Trustwallet using the BEP20 address and not the GO20 Address! Is there any way to get my OMI back/ rerouted to the correct address?

1 Like

I’ve just read a Reddit post that says that that BEP20 Address is fake! Is my OMI lost/ stolen for good?! Please help me folks

Iamdeadlyz can you help please. Ill also donate some OMI to you if you can help me recover them. So I sent my OMI to my Trustwallet but selected a BEP20 address to send them to instead of the GO20 address. Please help.

Hi Iamdeadlyz, Please can you give me some advice as per my issue below. I sent my OMI from my Bitforex wallet to my Trustwallet but the OMI deposit address I used for my Trustwallet is on the BEP20 network. I now know OMI only uses the GO20 network. Please help me in recovering my OMI from the BEP20 deposit address in my Trustwallet account. Bitforex says the transaction went through successfully and I need to talk to Trustwallet, that’s why I need help from the community. Many thanks

1 Like

Hello Smokin02
I have done the same thing. Did you manage to resolve this?

Hi @Smokin02 @chaz11bb,

Follow the instructions.

Select ETH in the coin part. Scroll down to the list of derived addresses and get the private key in the first row.

After getting the private key, open the Trust Wallet app > settings > wallets > + button on the top right corner > i already have a wallet > GoChain > import the private key

Add it as a custom token:
Network: GoChain
Contract address: 0x5347FDeA6AA4d7770B31734408Da6d34a8a07BdF
Name: OMI Token
Symbol: OMI
Decimals: 18

1 Like

This still doesn’t work for me. Any more suggestions?
I would be happy to contribute coins to someone if they can get them back for me!

How come it didn’t work for you? Please explain further as to what happened while trying to follow my instructions.

Hi Chaz, what went wrong? have you managed to get any further with your OMI recovery?

Ok. To start from the beginning
I accidentally sent OMI from Bitforex to Trust wallet using the BEP20 public address
Nothing arrived so I realised what i had done!

I followed instructions

• Went to BIP39 - Mnemonic Code
  • Put in BIP39 Mnemonic
  • Selected coin Etherium
  • Derivation path BIP32
  • Copied m/44’/6060’/0’/0 derivation path
  • copied private key.
  • added a GoChain wallet on trust wallet
  • Put private key in
  • Added OMI Token

Still didnt work. Ive tried about 5 different ways.

Anything you can suggest? I have found the coins on GoChain website

Thanks

1 Like

Why did you edit the derivation path? It’s the incorrect one.

Simply enter the recovery phrase, select ETH in the coin part, scroll down to the list of derived addresses, get the private key of your address, then import it as a GoChain wallet.

1 Like

Finally managed to recover them.
Had to add ECOMI GO20 into that wallet
Thank you so much for the help

2 Likes