I want to migrate coins from watch address

How can I remove tokens from my watch address?

Only with your recovery phrase you can move funds from an address.

3 Likes

I’m in the same situation, and was told by Trust I needed to buy a private key. I paid the $300 for the private key, and then I was asked for another $500.

That sounded like a scam to me. I have $6,000 trapped in the “Watch Only” wallet.

The forum suggested, back up my recovery prahse, then uninstall, and re-install, but I’m loathed to do that in case it also deltes my $6,000

Any thoughs please?

@Murdoch2000 You can not access a watch only wallet to send tokens unless you have the recovery words for that wallet.

I do have the recovery words, so how do I proceed please?

I tried with the recovery words I have, and all it did was create another Wallet with a different address, but still cannot access my original wallet

@Murdoch2000 If the addresses don’t contain your funds, there could be a number of reasons:

1 This is a completely different wallet, make sure you imported the correct one.
2 You have restored the wrong recovery phrases. Every recovery phrase has its own unique Multi-Coin wallet addresses. You need to find the correct set of words to recover your wallet. We do not have a record of these recovery phrases.

Hi,

I only have one wallet and one set of recovery phrases, and I followed this from Trust Forum

Please do the following:

Make sure you have the backup of your recovery phrase, private key, or keystore JSON
Uninstall the Trust Wallet app
Install the app again
Import using the backup (do not import an address, that will turn your wallet as a watch-only)

Now all I have is a ZERO balance.

Ant thoughts please?

So are the recovery words for that wallet, different from the recovery words I have when I installed the app?

Hello @Murdoch2000
Kindly refer to my message above your text.

There are tideous ways going around that, tho’, u need to walk through steps to achieve that