Issue swapping USDT for ETH on Trust

Hello, I tried swapping USDT for ETH (first time ever) on Trust. Seemingly no problems at the time, the app said it could take some minutes. It’s been hours now. I still have the same amount of USDT on Etherscan and on Trust but the ETH gas fee was subtracted from my balance. Also on the ETH tab on Trust there’s a “Smart Contract Call” move for 0 ETH with the contract (0xdac17f958d2ee523a2206206994597c13d831ec7) as recipient. I know there are other posts about this issue or similar, but I honestly haven’t found the answer on any that I’ve read. I want to know what happened to my USDT. Are they still intact? Did the swap actually go through? Will it or will it not go through? How do I check myself in future instances? How do prevent this from happening again? I don’t have unlimited ETH, I can only try so many times. This is the transaction hash: 0xc510e95f2fac2a8bf89ef8afdf0176065a6d7b5f89a947d86490df647fa4ef2f. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello @otto127,

When swapping tokens for the first time, you have to approve it first to be spendable. And, that is what you did just now. So, in order to swap it, you have to enter the amount of USDT then press the “Swap” button.

All in all, you will confirm two transactions: approve and swap

Hi @iamdeadlyz. Thank you for the prompt reply. I recall that, when doing the swap, I tapped the “approve USDT (or ETH?)” button and the “Swap” button, so I tapped both buttons you’re talking about. Or do you mean I have to do the swap again and this time it’ll be the confirmation of the initial attempt and now it’ll go through? Will this be at current ETH price or the one at the time of the initial attempt? Will this require additional feed?

Initially, you pressed approved, which is necessary so your USDT will be enabled for swapping. Now, you need to enter the amount, press swap, then confirm the tx so you can get ETH.

It will base on the current ETH price in Uniswap.

All transactions in the Ethereum network requires gas fees. Learn more here: What is an ETH gas fee?

I appreciate your help and patience. The buttons I have now are “Swap” and “Send” (I didn’t tap “Send” yet). Does this sound correct? If I already paid a fee, but now I have to pay another fee, wouldn’t this then count as another transaction different from the attempted first one? What Happens if I decide to change the amount of USDT I was initially intending on swapping, or never attempt to do the swap again? Then do I have all my USDT intact and nothing happens? Will I have similar issues for sending my USDT to another address instead of swapping them?

Yes. Please press those if you wish to swap your USDT to ETH.

Correct. The previous one was for approval only. And now, you have to pay the network fees for the swap as required by the miners, not by Trust Wallet.

Yup, nothing will happen. Your USDT is still in your wallet.

Nope.

This is very helpful. One last thing: Say the initial attempt was to swap 1000 USDT for ETH, what happens if I change that amount now? Or is it all the same, all is already approved?

Uniswap approves unlimited amount. Even though you change the amount that you want to swap, it doesn’t have any adverse effects.

Ok, I think that’s all my doubts for now. Thank you very much once again, this was very helpful. Cheers!

1 Like

You’re welcome! If you have further inquiries, feel free to create a new thread. Stay SAFU!

1 Like