Missing tokens after correct import from saved seed phrase

After importing an existing wallet into a new device using the stored seed phrase the balance of the wallet appears to be 0. This should not be the case however as I can confirm that the tokens I help in this wallet are still held by the wallet address when i view this in the GoChain Explored.

At the time that it was provided by a previous device, the seed phrase was printed and stored in a plastic protected paper to protect against moisture. Seed phrase is correct and was verified at the time in the old device which unfortunately is no longer available.

1. The coin/token is supported (OMI token)
  2. the address has the correct balance as can be seen in GoChain explorer
  3. I have attempted the import using a device connected to the internet and without the use of a VPN
  4. I have attempted the same import using different devices and the result is the same
  5. trus wallet version 6.13 (61317)
  6. I can provide the address QR code via screenshot if needed
  7. I can also provide the screenshot of the wallet post import showing in incorrect 0 balance

Please advise on what steps I can take to resolve this issue.

Hello @patob929
After importing, did you check if the address matches the one you checked on the explorer?
Please provide these information :

1. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)

2. Crypto wallet address (press the receive icon near the send button, take a screenshot of the QR code, and attach it here)

3. Transaction hash or link (if you have any, please copy and paste)

4. Screenshots of the wallet (including errors or missing balance)

1 Like

Hello @JennyMillan ,

Thanks for the reply.

Please see the answers to your questions below:

1. trust wallet app version:
  2. crypto wallet address:
  3. transaction hash link: GoChain Explorer
  4. wallet screenshot:

As a side note, I realize that the wallet that shows in the QR code screenshot is different (starts with 0xEa277EO… and ends in 16f1b) from the one on the transaction link (starts with 0xf18636F… and ends in F30a0) but that shouldn’t be the case wallets should match after entering the seed phrase…

I can see the 4 transactions transactions from late March and match those to Bitforex’s withdrawals for the same amounts.

Here’s the GoChain explorer transactions page for that address: GoChain Explorer

Here’s a screenshot of the OMI withdrawals coming from the BitForex withdrawals page. As you can see the transaction amounts and date match.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can provide.

Thanks a lot!

Hello @patob929 If the addresses don’t contain your funds, there could be number of reasons:
1 This is a completely different wallet, make sure you imported the correct one.
2 You have restored the wrong recovery phrases. Every recovery phrase has its own unique Multi-Coin wallet addresses. You need to find the correct set of words to recover your wallet. We do not have a record of these recovery phrases.

Hello @Alan47 ,

As I mentioned when comparing the “receive address” in point #2 above with the address on GoChain Explorer on point #3 above. Despite this difference, I made sure I copied over the seed phrase that was provided at the time. When I stored it, I had trusted person double check each word with me as I printed it and finally laminated the printout to prevent future damage. That’s the only seed phrase that I have.

Any other ideas?

2 Likes