Opening a wallet adrress must be free

In my opinion, its better for trust wallet like opening a wallet adrress not to charge them a fee like when you open a xrp wallet address it will charge you 20xrp,if it would be free, i think trust wallet will gain more users because some users here are not rich just simple crypto holders and 20 xrp already means a lot.

9 Likes

Does it charged you while adding XRP address?
I don’t think so it charge to start…
Only it charge nano fee when you transfer your asset .

4 Likes

Yeah I agree 20 xrp is almost $4

1 Like

It is like the gas fee charged on other cryptocurrencies when you want to transfer or buy.

2 Likes

Yes it charges 20 XRP… But only once it charges when you do your first transaction

1 Like

It is actually free to open a wallet address. You are charged service fees when you do transactions only.

1 Like

Yes thats why i cant use xrp in trust wallet only for xrp im using another wallet! :no_mouth:

1 Like

I think it should be less or free

1 Like

Ripple created the 20 XRP activation fee to prevent users from creating multiple accounts and spamming the XRP ledger. The activation fee consists of a base reserve (20 XRP ), which includes a 5 XRP Owner’s Reserve.

In other words the 20 XRP is not really a fee. It’s the minimum XRP amount on your XRP address to use your wallet.

4 Likes

Trust wallet is not the one charging that fee. This has to do with the Blockchain configuration of that coin.

1 Like

yes its totely free and safe for using

2 Likes

It’s always free, charges are from transactions

1 Like

Yeah, it is free. Small transaction taxes have to occur; it’s how the world works.

1 Like

That’s not trust wallet doing it the Blockchain charging fee…

1 Like

My question is…How can blockchain know that the fees charged are high? To enable them review it downwards…In my opinion i believe network fees should be fixed

1 Like

yes mate ,trust wallet is free and giving us better security also

This is the best explanation to this thread

3 Likes

I believe it’s the minimum you can have, not a few to be precise

1 Like

Ripple created the 20 XRP activation fee to prevent users from creating multiple accounts and spamming the XRP ledger. The activation fee consists of a base reserve (20 XRP ), which includes a 5 XRP Owner’s Reserve.

It’s not from Trust Wallet !

2 Likes

Yeah i will charge you 20xrp for one time activation

1 Like