Recover Wallet from "WATCH" Wallet to regular wallet

I have BNB Smart chain BNB sitting in my wallet however, somehow it’s now a WATCH WALLET, and I truly need access to my funds. How do I get a recovery key/ keystore?

?

3 Likes

Please do the following:

• Make sure you have the backup of your recovery phrase, private key, or keystore JSON

• Uninstall the Trust Wallet app

• Install the app again

• Import using the backup (do not import an address, that will turn your wallet as a watch-only)

4 Likes

Thank you for this, I have the same issue, so this is most helpful.
I have my recovery phase for my Main Wallet. Beneath that are two further wallets, the watch only wallets that hold my funds but I cannot seem to locate how to find the recovery phrase for those wallets.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Hello, @Demelzza
Do read the guide above as there is no way to recover your funds if you do not have your recovery keys.

1 Like

I can’t find the back up. I thought I had it but it’s for a different wallet address.

1 Like

Thank you. I have four recovery phrases and three wallets so it will be trial and error I guess. It’s just that I can check the main wallet recovery phrase, easily, but I can’t find how to access it for the other two wallets…?

1 Like

I imported my address and it turn in to watch wallet. Please I need help

2 Likes

@Jayant87
Please do the following:

• Make sure you have the backup of your recovery phrase, private key, or keystore JSON

• Uninstall the Trust Wallet app

• Install the app again

• Import using the backup (do not import an address, that will turn your wallet as a watch-only)

2 Likes

Hey jen. I already put my 12 phrase but nothing yet. The only way I see my coins and funds is if I import ethereum address.

1 Like

When you put your phrase, did you check if the address you got matches the one you’re importing as a watch only wallet?

1 Like

I Have a different eth address now. Before creating a new wallet I CLICKED EXISTING WALLET. I put the 12 phrase in and now I have a different eth address.

1 Like

Please make sure that you have the right set of words. Here is a guide that might help: Cannot Import Wallet "Invalid mnemonic phrase" Error

1 Like

I tried but still not giving me my original wallet. Just pops up as 0 balance and other assets

1 Like

Hey thank you for your help I did it. The swap button says not available. If you can help that be great. Again thank you

1 Like

Hello @Jayant87
Sorry for the inconveniences, we are taking a look into this also.

1 Like

I followed instructions but nothing has happened…?

Any ideas please?

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Hello @Demelzza
Unfortunately, no one can assist you with that. You are responsible for making sure that you created a backup and stored it in a safe place. Also, the Trust Wallet team does not keep a log of your recovery phrases for your security.

1 Like