Restoring Polkadot wallet on a different app using recovery phrase

Hi all,

As part of trying to solve a different issue, I want to view my trust wallet funds using a different app, for example Atomic wallet.

When I import my wallet using my 12 word (Trust Wallet) phrase in Atomic wallet, I see some of my coins (e.g. ADA and VET), but not my DOT.

Similarly, when I import to polkadot.js, it seems an entirely new account is generated (DOT is not there)

Anyone have any idea how I can import my phrase to a different wallet in such a way that I can see my DOT?

Thanks!

Hi, wallet core is not compatible with polkadot.js, you can try those:

1. use WalletConsole utility - Trust Developer to export raw private key
  2. transfer DOT out
2 Likes

For some reason, when I export my private key and then import it in polkadot.js, it seems a new account is created.
As for transferring my DOT out, it would not address the underlying issue I am trying to solve, which is to restore lost KSM which I accidentally sent to my DOT address in Trust Wallet.
My hope is that if I can import my DOT private key to a KSM-supporting environment, I will be able to apply the solution mentioned here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kusama/comments/gtpnc7/i_accidentally_sent_ksm_to_polkadot_wallet_are/

3 Likes

Hi, I sent some BTTs to Volt Trust, but it has not been sent yet.
Transaction link
a7b1587ed91283c0627b11ea7231e9f95ad7ad30f01b660824781f5d3887e99f
Wallet address
TMzSZ2RkT94DXD7VBehtVsawGL5a9KZ7Kr
Number of BTTs

3 Likes

Hi, I mistakenly sent Polkadot currency to Trust Wallet and Coin network under dot network. Please advise how I can recover lost currency in blockchain network.

1 Like

Hello @mohammadparvizian To better assist, please send the following information:

1. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)

2. Crypto wallet address (press the receive icon near the send button, take a screenshot of the QR code, and attach it here. Also copy and paste it in plain text)

3. Transaction hash or link (if you have any, please copy and paste)

4. Further details about your issue (please explain what you were trying to do)

5. Screenshots of the wallet (including errors or missing balance)

1 Like

Hi,

I have an issue. Trust wallet doesn’t allow users to send DOT if it means that the account will fall below 1DOT. I want to remove the dot, and have been provided numerous methods of how to export my DOTwallet key, but i can’t figure it out.

Ive emailed a while back but did get a response as i guess the support email is extremely busy. is there a was to turn of the safeswitch?

please let me know … I dont code and the link you provided makes no sense to me

thanks

2 Likes

How do i remove the 1DOT that trustwallet holds for spam protection? I contacted the Polkadot team, and they mentioned something about a safelock that might be able to be removed or exporting keys to Poladot.js, but im having trouble doings so.
I don’t want to keep the polkadot acount active

what should i do

2 Likes

Just send full/max amount from Trust Wallet and account will become inactive and all DOT funds will be transfered.

2 Likes