Scammer Alerts and signs thread

As the prices of crypto currencies rise and it gains attention more and more scams start popping up. Here are some tell tell signs that it may be a scam:

• The scammer asks for your Key Phrases or words that would give them access to your wallet (dont let the promise of them giving you loads of cryptos in return fool you)

• The scammer promises to give you interest if you send them your coins. There were alot of pyramid schemes like Bitconnect or Ethconnect that stole hundreds of thousands of coins

• The website is not trustworthy or new and offers special deals if you promise to hold your coins on their third party site. (dont fall for untrustworthy sites that have unbelievable perks)

My final piece of advice is if it seems too good to be true it most likely is.

Us crypto holders have been investing in the future dont let it get swiped away by others who didnt want to invest. Good luck to everyone and hold onto those precious coins! If anyone has any names or sites that have been scamming others feel free to share them here in this thread.

23 Likes

Thanks so much :blush: your post really helped , but it seems you were a victim :joy:

3 Likes

@Swiftbitcoin Yes, lol bitconnect got me good

3 Likes

Airdrop seems to be a popular way to scam users the last couple months. Make sure that youre up to date on these giveaways on official telgrams and social media pages

Really Appreciated for this post :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Really appreciate the post it is really helpful

2 Likes

We all need to be careful at this point actually. Avoid clicking on any links we see and use 2fa security where possible

2 Likes

Nice post. When I started crypto I was so naive and became victim of a scam. They really looked legit in the beginning. Later, they asked us to send some gas in order to receive some locked tokens. Before you knew it, they shut down all their media channels. The name of that scam project was Fructus (XFRC). After that, I learnt my lesson.

1 Like

I feel like those of us who got scammed are on extreme high alert!

1 Like

1 Like

They often come with many tactics, amazing too-good-to-be-true offerings, and pleasing returns. Let’s always DYOR before going into any scammy stuffs. You are your own bank. :eyes: :ear:

2 Likes

Do your own research always. Great point

Take this note! Always!

1 Like