Storing your backup Code..!

One of the worse habit of keeping backup code is taking screenshot and keeping in phone. If photo backup software is enabled to backup photos…! Your Private Key is now in cloud…! Which is never secure…! I keep my code written in paper in secure location. Even someone find the code s/he will never be able to restore wallet…!! When I write i change the code serials but i write another notes in phone which is updated in cloud. No one know whats that serials…!!! I guess. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1: how you do…?

11 Likes

That’s ideal. If it is stored out of phone it is far safer.

2 Likes

من در یک کاغذ اچار توشتم گزاشتم گزاشتم داخل کمدم

2 Likes

True talk
What if ones phone gets stolen
I will try your idea
:+1:

2 Likes

I used notes and sync it to your account

2 Likes

One of the common ways to keep your private keys safe is by generating and printing a paper wallet. This cold wallet storage is immutable to cyber-attacks, but it also puts a lot of value (and future potential value) into something that cannot be recovered if it is lost. Not to mention the inefficiency of then needing a secure location to store the paper wallet, like a safe or a safety-deposit box.
Image for post
Another common means of storage for private keys is on your phone or computer. Whilst it is a convenient way to access and move your funds, it is considered a hot wallet. Attempting to keep your private keys safe by leaving them on an internet-connected device leaves you open to hackers, phishing scams, viruses, and other malware.
The best method to keep your private keys safe lies in an offline storage device. The Secure Wallet combines the best of hot and cold storage to provide unparalleled security with the convenience of a bank card. The wallet is never connected to the Internet, however, you can interact with it wirelessly through the companion app. This lets you choose how and when to use the wallet, and provides a means to recover your assets if you lose the device.t.

5 Likes

Best way is to write it out in a safe place . your sticky note on your laptop . store it on google drive as well and your email draft .

2 Likes

Writting the phrase on paper and keeping it in a safe place is the best idea.

2 Likes

I have my photos in Google Photos, and I really don’t see what makes you think it’s not secure.

2 Likes

I never store it digitally, that’s the whole point imo.
No reason to use decentralizedunhackable blockchain tech if you keep access to your funds on a server that can be hacked.
Its the same reason why you are not recommended to leave your funds on an exchange.

2 Likes

I don’t know. It’s everywhere, notes, paper, screenshot, email, you name it. Luckily, I don’t use wallet so much, it’s almost empty. I prefer to put my assets on exchanger.

1 Like

I store mine written in a safe place

2 Likes

Thank You Very much Sir.

2 Likes

great ideal thanksssssssssssssss

1 Like

I screenshot mine, upload it to imgur and set the pic to private. Perfectly save.

Joke, don’t store it digitally if you want best security :smiley:

1 Like

if you want print recovery paper here is the link for Word file. bit.ly/2CAnZTX

Use Note Software which uploads note to cloud. If possible use lock code to encryption

Thanks man. It’s my pleasure to help.

4 Likes

It’s very safe if we save offline

like other people mentioned a paper wallet is the easiest and one of the safest options out there. Just don’t lose it xD!

2 Likes