Swapped usdt for SHIB

Same thing happened to me, only I used the DEX to swap ERC20 USDT to ERC20 SHIBA. It consumed the ethereum it needed, the transaction was confirmed and everything, but my USDT is unchanged and I have no SHIBA.

Worst part of it is I reached out to support and they were beyond unhelpful. Really disappointing, frustrating experience honestly.

Now I don’t know what to do. Is it ok to do the swap in uniswap or pancake swap, or because I paid for the transaction do I have to follow through with it? Asking here because support could not or would not give me a straight answer. They literally told me to ask the support of the coin I was trying to buy. I’m like…how does that even make sense?

Hello @Whatsinaname To better assist, please send the following information:

1. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)

2. Crypto wallet address (press the receive icon near the send button, take a screenshot of the QR code, and attach it here. Also copy and paste it in plain text)

3. Transaction hash or link (if you have any, please copy and paste)

4. Further details about your issue (please explain what you were trying to do)

5. Screenshots of the wallet (including errors or missing balance)

Sorry I meant to take photos of what I did transactionally and totally forgot, if I can edit my previous comment after it’s approved and upload a couple photos again I’ll do that

0x3e9F66EbEA3C0551F95Cebd2c8080B160061c49E

1. 0xf21b5aca628c373ec219ec452434fbd2886a1384621382e371efab85203f6d55

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xf21b5aca628c373ec219ec452434fbd2886a1384621382e371efab85203f6d55

1. I went into Trustwallet, into Shiba, pushed trade, set to send USDT and receive Shiba, proceeded through the transaction, paid the gas fee, and got confirmation the transaction was completed. But the only thing different is the ethereum was spent. There’s no change to USDT or Shiba in my wallet.

When swapping tokens for the first time, you have to approve it first to be spendable. And, that is what you did just now.

Since you are done approving the token, you need to enter the amount that you want to exchange then press the swap button.

All in all, you will confirm two transactions: approve and swap

NB: Both token approval and swapping transactions needs gas fees.

Read more: What is Token Approval?

1 Like

Oh my god, man, thank you, I figured it was something simple I was overlooking but I just couldn’t figure out what to do. So to recap and clarify for myself, USDT is approved to be swapped now indefinitely, or just with Shiba, or I’ll have to go through approval and then swapping every transaction, or just the ones I’ve already had approved?

1 Like

@Whatsinaname that will be infinite. Will no longer need to approve USDT again.

1 Like

Hey alan47, I’m a newbie and am having a similar problem…not sure what’s going on or what to do. Can you help me?

1 Like

Hello @Wob To better assist, please send the following information:

1. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)

2. Crypto wallet address (press the receive icon near the send button, take a screenshot of the QR code, and attach it here. Also copy and paste it in plain text)

3. Transaction hash or link (if you have any, please copy and paste)

4. Further details about your issue (please explain what you were trying to do)

5. Screenshots of the wallet (including errors or missing balance)

0xB59B211aA8EdC3769318df8215436e3a3294192A

1st/original hah transferred
0x3d7690166a24fec54dcddbb951127c46bb88d15a0c031f3af72b699f2af90d1b

Received transfer hash
0xc26faf3527e323667c7b0be0c6b79b40e8a5d129906b48379161fbdb6f8dcf06

Swapped for bsc then purchased GMEX token:

0x10ed43c718714eb63d5aa57b78b54704e256024e

Finally received something in wallet but it’s not showing in the GMEX custom token I created. Don’t know what to do with these transactions or if I was even successful :woman_shrugging:t4: What am I supposed to do now? I’m in TX so Coinbase doesn’t support GMEX. I also have crypto app. Used Exodus and exchange.pancakeswap.finance
Why isn’t showing in GMEX token I created? Am I missing a step? How do I know I have the coin and how my investment is doing? Couldn’t verify the contract after many attempts, probably due to created by cake? Many different addresses to & from. Not understanding.

This is Wallet view

Thanks so much for any help you can give me…MUCH Appreciated

@Wob there is no GMEX transaction from the hash you sent above. Also, your wallet has only one swap transaction, from BNB to cake which is already in your wallet.

Send the correct transaction hash for GMEX please.

Hhmmm. Well the cake trans is when I was trying to buy GMEX, I think? Or was that when I swapped for bsc smart chain/coin? I realize the GMEX address is not there, but I remember it pulled up when I was trying to buy. So what did I do, what do I have? Smart coin to NOW buy or swap for GMEX? What I showed you is the only trans I did. Then, like I said, I Received. What did I receive? Do I try to get GMEX now or what’s happening. Please forgive my ignorance :upside_down_face::pensive:

1 Like

You did the same thing I did I think. You only approved it for using to swap, now you have to do a second transaction to complete the swap.

You’ll never have to approve it again though fwiw, so if you want to do a swap again after your first one you won’t have to go through the approval and it’s gas fees first.

Are you sure you actually received the BSC? Becuase it looks like maybe you only approved swapping to it.

SO confusing :weary:. I got this transaction with about the same value so I guess that’s what it is? Took weeks to get to me too!

It can be really confusing, yeah, but stick with it, you’ll come to understand how to navigate and operate better, it gets easier

So was that “receiving” then? Is that what it looks like?? I’m still waiting for Alan 47 answers b/c I really don’t know what to do? Swap it in wallet??? Go back to the pancake app? :confounded::tired_face:

1 Like

I would start with getting the transaction hash for GMEX, then he should be able to help you from there

You mean their address? I know what that is. Just don’t know where I’m at currently (what I’ve got) and what to do next.

So am I to use that cake to purchase GMEX perhaps? Thought I already did that, per the instructions on GMEX site, but maybe this is the bsc to do so? Do I swap this received cake for GMEX now? See pic above from my wallet of contract call and transfer (negative & positive amts) :woman_shrugging:t4::woozy_face::nerd_face::crazy_face:

I think you need to take a screenshot of the ID for GMEX. Like, what’s the line of hex code that represents it when you navigate to it. I think that’s what Alan needs before he can help further, but from the sound of it I think you never actually swapped to GMEX yet.