The package conflicts with an existing package by the same name

Hello,
My Android version is 7.1.1 and my Trust Wallet version is 5.9. I downloaded the last version of the Trust Wallet, but when I want to install it, then it shows me “The package conflicts with an existing package by the same name.” error message:

Should I remove the current version and retry?

Thank you.

@hack3rcon yeah, don’t forget to backup your wallet/wallets before doing it. And after you successfully installed the app, you can import it/them

1 Like

Hello,
Thank you so much for your reply.
Backup? Do you mean the recovery phrase? I just need to import these keys to the new version of the Trust Wallet?
After writing down the keys, can I remove the old version of the Trust Wallet normally?

Hi , @hack3rcon just follow these steps here How to Backup a Multi-Coin Wallet and install a fresh version of Trust Wallet , you can found us on Google Play or Download the APK directly on our website here APK .

2 Likes

Hello,
One of my questions is that why Google Play doesn’t show me the update? I guess the new version of the Trust Wallet is incompatible with my device!

@hack3rcon Maybe the release hadn’t come yet to your region, wait some days and try again

Hello,
Region? I didn’t know it.
How can I be informed?

@hack3rcon I don’t know either, but some times, some regions get updates much faster than others

1 Like