Trust Wallet Multi-Coin Wallet

Hi Trust Wallet Team! I just want to ask something. I have created 3 Multi-Coin Wallet in my Trust Wallet app, and I named each of them a name that is according to my own choice of name. (E.g. trxwallet, myethwallet, etc.) My question is, If I mistakenly or unintentionally divulged my 12 recovery phrase to any person online due to my negligence, and he has able to access my orginal Trust Wallet where my other multi-coin wallet are also stored. My question is would that person can also have the access to my other mullt-coin wallet that I created in my original Trust Wallet app? Thanks. I hope you can answer my question clearly.

9 Likes

Each wallet has its own 12-word recovery phrase. Multiple wallets will not be hacked with one 12-word recovery pharase😉

Trust Wallet is a fully decentralized non-custodial wallet. This means that you have complete access over your cryptocurrencies but are also solely responsible for their security. All of your cryptocurrency balance(s) are kept within the “12-Word” recovery phrase. The recovery phrase is the private keys. Meaning, all keys are derived from that, so if you have that, you have the keys. You can use it to generate all private keys for all cryptos on any bip39 HD compatible wallet. You must back it up securely, preferably offline and never share it with anyone!

4 Likes

Every wallet has its own 12 word recovery phrase. If someone got access to one of your wallet by somehow, doesn’t mean he can access every wallet of you. So don’t worry.

4 Likes

every Multi-coin wallet you’ve created has it own 12 unique Phrases, nobody could gain access unless they know your phrases and the Public keys!

2 Likes

Every wallet you have 12 phrase. If you lost it then nobody can open that. Also you can’t do recover. So keep it in the safe place. Also anybody that means who know your key, he will be able to access.

1 Like

Each multi-coin wallet is entitled to its own 12 phrase words, I also have 4 Multi-Coin Wallet in my trust app with 4 different 12 phrase word for recovery. No form of connection at all

1 Like

Store your 12 word recovery phrase offline. Write down in a paper (jotter). Secretly Keep safe in your house.

1 Like

That is the beauty of trust wallet. Each has a unique 12words recovering phrase

Thank you so much, this is by far the best answer.

2 Likes