TYPES OF CRYPTOCURRENCY

Cryptocurrency is broadly categorised into two;

1. Crypto Coins
  2. Crypto Tokens
    Sometimes people use the term “coin” to refer to “tokens”, and “token” to refer to “coins”. Some people will use either name to refer to all the digital assets currently available. Let’s quickly look at the two.

The crypto coin is an asset that is native to its own blockchain or that has its own blockchain.

Examples include;
Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS, Binance coin, Ripplecoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin etc. Each of these coins exists on their own blockchain.

Cryptocurrency Token

The crypto tokens are created on existing blockchains, the are not back by a native Blockchain.

Examples of crypto token include;
USDT which is backed by Omni Blockchain
LEO backed by Ethereum Blockchain
BAT backed by Ethereum Blockchain
KAVA backed by Binance etc.

16 Likes

It is basic of crypto. Beginner should know it

6 Likes

This is a great post, it will be very useful for newbies. It is important to understand some basic things or terms in cryptocurrency.

3 Likes

Kudos to you… I subscribe to real topics.

3 Likes

Thanks for this great info

3 Likes

Thanks you for the good information

1 Like

hej, jag skickade mina pengar från binance till trust wallet, jag hade både bitcoin och USDT, jag fick mina bitcoins efter en stund men nu har det gått två dagar och jag har fortfarande inte fått mina usdt. jag har skapat plånböcker men pengarna syns inte,
USDT som stöds av Omni binance. kan någon hjälpa mig ?
jag är nybörjare här och vet inte vad jag ska göra. jag har kontaktat supporten som hänvisar till denna sida och säger att jag ska ha tålamod och dem kommer att hjälpa mig.

1 Like

Thank you. Where can I find more “what is” threads? I see many “how to do” threads, but I am currently clueless with all the new lingo and acronyms. Where can I find more to learn what all this is? I want to learn before doing.