Unauthorized transaction

Hi. I would like to receive some help/insight on something.
Moments ago I received a notification of a transaction from my wallet to an account than I don’t even know. This transaction wasn’t approved bij me. How is that possible?? And is it possible to get my money/Eth back?? Not much but $10 is still money. Please help a brother out.

0x1fced426bc79364a6efb946fb818b5ebf1465769

That’s the address it was transferred to

8 Likes

I checked the address
https://etherscan.io/address/0x1fced426bc79364a6efb946fb818b5ebf1465769
Saw this message:
Warning! There are reports that this address was used in a Phishing scam. Please exercise caution when interacting with this address.

Most likely your recovery phrase was compromised.
Please move out your funds to a fresh new wallet.

4 Likes

That’s so fucked up man. :man_facepalming:t5:

3 Likes

But thanks bro.
And there is no way my stolen money can be recovered right?

3 Likes

The only way for a transaction to be reversed is if the receiver sends it back.

1 Like

Understandable. Thanks for the Information

1 Like

Yes brother move all your funds asap,it happened to me also they cleaned out my whole wallet lucky I did not have much in it at the time

2 Likes

Just to add to the informed contribution by community of users here, a lot of us still need to be mindful of the way we engage ourselves online.
The first step is to make sure you download an app from a trusted store like google play for android users and Apple IOS store for those using apple mobile devices.

Another thing we also need to be wary of is our online habit, making sure we limit devices which we enter our user information to gain access to our wallet can also be of help.

Logging in through another person’s phone can get you compromised as your passwords might be saved unknowingly to you.
Thirdly, some apps we download are full of backdoors and they silently retrieve and listen to our activities with negative intent. This also expose us to another vulnerability.
While it might not be easy to maintain perfect ethical online behaviour. Keeping limited apps, maintaining a regular habit of using different passwords across different accounts might also be of help. I will make further contribution later. Please, let’s stay safe and keep cyber bullies out of job.

6 Likes

As a human being, we love to believe in fraudsters and we get scammed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey, I lost $200 yesterday to a scammer from Nigeria. I don’t know how to get back my money.
I sent an email to support and explained everything with the scammers address to his account.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, we have no way to reverse the transaction.
The receiver is the only one that can send it back.
Please be careful with your assets.
It would be best to move your funds to a new wallet.
https://community.trustwallet.com/t/3-steps-to-protect-your-crypto-wallet/152/2

2 Likes

Ok guys. I have a new trust wallet now.
I’m in forsage and how do I connect back to my old backoffice? Cause it’s saying that I have to pay again but I’m already a member.
Does anybody know how?

2 Likes

This is an unsupported DApp, please contact them for assistance.

2 Likes

Hi Macoe, Did you manage to connect back to your original back office. I am in your situation and seems like got scammed. Any solutions would be much appreciated!

2 Likes

Hey , I have 4 transactions which was sent to this below address:
0x0b2AE843cd1f538F2Fb53f121AF19317F2b78e6A

I did not approve this transaction. Moment ETH appeared in the wallet and after one transaction that I did to one of my friend, all balance was taken out. Thankfully it was only around to 40$ to 50$ not a huge amount and after reading above comment I understand I cannot retrieve the amount. But Trust support can you confirm if the above wallet address is a scam one.

1 Like

I am seeing a lot of transactions on the address you provided,
What is your own address so that we can track it easier?

1 Like

Well, what I did, o connected another wallet with my trust wallet. As soon as something drops into my old wallet, I instant transfer it into my new one

1 Like

this is my address: 0x9b705A40E03dc2B48d6747E1F1Db0713036a41C9

1 Like

Well, I think i have to do same!

1 Like

Yeah. Thats the only way to keep your back-office or otherwise you’ll have to start all over again with your new wallet

1 Like