Updated to latest Trust ap on IOS and now cannot see coins

I see. Thank you for letting me know. I’ll relay this issue to the dev team now.

Thanks fore the help. Hope they will be able to advise how to resolve this.

Hi @Paul21, do you have the private key saved somewhere? The dev team is suggesting to uninstall the app and re-import your wallet in that way, as you have a very old wallet which causes the issue.

Hi Thanks again for the information with the old wallet that I had I never had a private key for this wallet as I had with others. When I set it up originally i only ever had a password and a passcode which I have and I just used those to gain access to the wallet

I see. Unfortunately, re-importing is the only way to resolve this issue. You may have saved your recovery phrase/keystore JSON file/private key somewhere, try to check.

I havent got any recovery phrase. For all the other wallets that I set up I was provided a private key on set up. But for the Trust wallet when I set it up in 2017 just had a password and passcode to access it that was all that the wallet provided to me at the time. So all i have done is upgrade the wallet to the newer version on the same phone device that the old wallet was situated ? Are you saying that if I dont have the recovery phrase I have lost all my coins ? I had a substantial amount of tokens for both BAT and TRON on this wallet

Back in 2017 Trust Wallet used Keystore JSON backup format for wallet creation. When you created you have specified a password for Keystore JSON file and you been provided with this file.
Try to find it - there is no other ways to recover your wallet unless you have Keystore JSON + valid password.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. The only things that I have are the password and the passcode that were provided for the Trust wallet that I set up in 2017. These were the only details that i needed to enable me to access the wallet. All I have done since is upgrade the Trust wallet to the latest version in the app store. I am still using the same phone that i set up the original wallet. Are you saying that i will not be able to access with just these details and that the probability now is that I have lost all my coins ?