Usage of the ERC20 and BEP2

Hello Trust community, I need some clarification on ERC20 and BEP2. I noticed some coins in Trust wallet and a few other wallets/exchanges has both the Binance chain BEP2 and ERC20 and will like to understand the dynamics.
Also, the difference in transaction fee in withdrawing #Elrond for instance from Binance using BEP2 compared to using ERC20 is quite large.

Question 1. Can user A send a coin using BEP2 option to user B who only has the ERC20 in his wallet/ exchange since it’s the same coin?

1. If question 1 is “no”, what happens? Is the transaction reversed or lost forever?

2. In Trustwallet, can a coin or token be swapped from ERC20 to BEP2 and vice versa as I noticed that the two are separated in TW?

Thank you for your incoming responses as I hope to learn from your wealth of experiences

7 Likes

If you send BEP2 tokens to eth address or opposite, it will be lost. I’m not sure about TW, but on Binance you can send tokens to your deposit address as erc20 and withdraw as bep2

4 Likes

1.ERD BEP2 and ERC20 are: the same token but on a different blockchain.

2.for example bep2 token, and you copied the ERC20 address to send it to the exchange We will find that the address is invalid<Because Binance address starts with BNB…
And the Ethereum address starts with 0x…>

1. Trust Wallet has a built-in DEX that connects to Kyber Network to trade ETH < > ERC20 tokens and Binance DEX to exchange BNB < > BEP2 tokens .
6 Likes