Usdt- trc20 Help

Hi I Have about $45 us dollars in usdt-trc20 however I wasnt aware that I couldnt send swap or sell them without a tron fee is there any way around that because curently i dont have any more money to pay for anything thank you any help would be appreciated.

4 Likes

Hello @Scottschneider, no there isn’t a way around it.
All transactions in the blockchain require transaction fees in order to be processed by the miners/validators regardless of whether it was a successful transaction or not.
These fees go to the miners/validators directly, not to the Trust Wallet team.
You can buy using the app or withdraw from exchanges like Binance.

Learn more here:

2 Likes

Ok thats what i thought but how come bitcoin doesnt charge a fee. Or why cant they take the fee out of the usdt that im sending?

2 Likes

@Scottschneider Bitcoin transaction fee is also charged in Bitcoin.
it’s the same as if you want to send TRON out, the fee will be take from TRON itself but TRC20 USDT is under the TRON network hence fee will be taken from TRON.

1 Like

Dear trust support team

Hello
I have an issue about sending my TRC20 Tethers to another wallet and my transaction failed every time i tried. Its error is “out of energy”. However I have enough Trx tokens to afford the fee!
I really hopeless to solve this problem and I feel my tethers are stucked in.
I really need your help and support.
Thank you

1 Like

Hello @Shahriar00
Ensure your app is updated and you have enough TRX as gas fees.

I have a similar question, but im trying to understand the ‘network’.
I have Tether TRC20 (USDT) and TRX in my trust wallet for gas fees.
But wallet network is set to ‘Smart Chain’.

If I send USDT TRC20 to an external address from trust wallet, will it go through on the tron network or the smart chain network that is selected?

Im afraid to mess this up and loose my USDT.
:pray:

3 Likes

Hello @jasonrmh As long as you’re sending on the TRC20 network to the right address, the receiver also gets TRC20 USDT.
You can only send on the network you have your tokens on in the Trust app.

1 Like

Ok thanks.
In the browser extension, the network selection, am I right saying that does not affect transfers? It only affects connected dapps?

My problem is I have sent some usdt trc20 to a tron wallet, using browser extension and the amount shows on the Blockchain, tronscan, but receiver has not received the funds.

1 Like

@jasonrmh Can you check the receiving address on the tronscan network and see what it says.

2 Likes

The transaction shows on the Blockchain including at the sender’s address.

It took around 12 hours but the funds have now arrived.
I’m not sure why there would be a delay if it showed on the block chain immediately.

1 Like

@jasonrmh Could be the receiver had an old version, that is if they use Trust wallet.

2 Likes

What coin/token I should have for paying fees on trc20 swaps? / bep20 swaps? using the app

1 Like

@mo4tw You need TRON for TRC20 transactions but TRC20 swaps aren’t available on the Trust app.

2 Likes

Thank you @Tobi
I didn’t find any way to swap any token to bep20 token.

I don’t have a binance account
I have on my wallet now:
usdt erc20 , sol erc20,link erc20 and I want to replace all these for usdt bep20,link bep20,sol bep20…
I didn’t see anyway to do it.

I sent support emails to [email protected]
but the replies are empty.

Please help.

@mo4tw I thought you meant TRC20.
You can make those swaps on the ERC20 network to BEP20 network on your Trust app but you will need to have ETH as gas fees.
Also that email you have sent above is not related to Trust wallet.

I really appriciate your help. tyvm @Tobi

Sorry, I meant [email protected]
Every email I sent to that address, I got empty reply and that is it
no answer nothing
I use gmail app,yahoo mail,yandex mail. Tried everything

On my first question I did asked about trc20
My second question is regarding bep20

I am new to this and try very hard to understand.
I don’t jave binance account.
Is it possible to replace somehow my erc20 tokens to bep20 tokens without sending funds to the bep20 token from Binance???

Is there a way somehow to swap something coin/token to bep20?

My goal is to have bep20 instead of what I currently have which is erc20 because erc20 fees are higher

@mo4tw Yes i just explained above you can swap to BEP20 but you’ll need to have ETH as gas fees.

I am desperate.
I can’t swap to bep20.
I use Trust wallet app.
I can’t swap to bep20 because the only way to do it is to have bnb and I can’t have bnb without have account on binance and send my binance bnb to trust wallet.

I have on my trust wallet only erc20 tokens usdt,sol,link and when I tap swap on any of these I don’t see bep20 tokens just erc20

1 Like

@mo4tw It’s right there in your Trust app.
Go to the swap tab and choose the pair you want.