Very sad experience. What went wrong?

Guys! I just wanna share this. Someone stole uni from her Trust Wallet account even not giving her 12 phrase to anyone.

7 Likes

N O T possible.
Well, if we talk here seriously, then:
If user participate in scam bots/drops/smartcontracts he might lwft Private key instead of phrase. Some times ago scammers ask to show them qr instead of phrase (and some users think its different. poor souls).
And last, someone can malware smartphone, and if no passcode - then its likely to be stolen.
So this is user space of security that he failed.

6 Likes

Thanks for information but without sharing 12 phrase how is it possible. Really I don’t know

2 Likes

You nailed it. Even if she shared it, she might still say she did not.
Also, she might not share it but left her phone unprotected that someone else might just copy it there and use it for the nefarious act.
Let’s all be guided

2 Likes

May be someone close to you saw your 12 phrases and copied it or you screenshot and your phone was hacked. Though nothing is impossible this days let just be alert

4 Likes

This is so sad but how possible is that ?

1 Like

Sad story and sad experience.
These must be stated categorically:
Prevent others from stealing it
Prevent yourself from losing it

STAY SAFU

3 Likes

This is indeed so sad! But, there’s a missing link somewhere. Nothing just happens for nothing.

There are dots that needs to be connected.
The simple truth is that, there was a snag that was capitalized upon.

This is an eye opener. It calls for VIGILANCE.

2 Likes

Yeah they have a Instagram channel with the name trust wallet and they have 400+ followers.they just ask you to fill a form in which they will ask your private key and after that you will loose all your money

4 Likes

yes I hope everyone keeps spreading information that is so detrimental to others, if you are tempted by the lure of free Twt, stay safe and stay tune for more information # SaFu

2 Likes

Could be a malware or anything that compromised her security.

As always, let’s educate ourselves and follow the best practices :arrow_down:

6 Likes