Watch Only Address Recovery Keys

Hi. When my account was created on the app there was only one 12 word seed phrase created. The account now displays a multicoin wallet and a watch only address. I cannot access my funds due to being unable to migrate my watch only address to my main wallet. I have tried various ways including the uninstall / reinstall using the 12 word seed phrase. The watch only address seems to just have a public address to view?

2 Likes

Please do the following:

• Make sure you have the backup of your recovery phrase, private key, or keystore JSON

• Uninstall the Trust Wallet app

• Install the app again

• Import using the backup (do not import an address, that will turn your wallet as a watch-only)

1 Like

Same result. I can recover the multicoin wallet and single wallets with the recovery phrase but the watch only address does not attach itself. I can then only recover the watch only address by using the address or it just creates another wallet with no funds ?

1 Like

A watch only address is not owned/controlled by you if you do not have the recovery keys.

2 Likes

Ok then that just confirms I have been scammed big time. Last week 32k of btc was also removed from my wallet. Thanks for your assistance.

2 Likes