What is the best solution for buying a token?

Hello,
I added a custom token and it is based on the Ethereum. When I clicked on the “Market” tab on the https://coinmarketcap.com/ website, it just has two Source.
When the token is based on the Ethereum, then I must buy Ethereum or Tether (ERC20) and swap it to that token?

Thank you.

Hello, you can use this guide as a guide:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply.
Why not the Swap option in the Trust Wallet?
If I want to use the UniSwap, then I must have some Ethereum in my Trust Wallet?

@hack3rcon
If the trading pair of that token is supported in the DEX tab in your Trust app, then you can use that.
Also note that swapping ERC20 tokens in your wallet or through a dApp would still require ETH as gas fees.

1 Like

Thank you.
If you want to but an Ethereum based token, then how do you do that? Buying enough Ethereum for the gas fee and that token, then Swap?

@hack3rcon
Yes you would need to have the amount of tokens you want to swap in ETH and also have some as gas fees.

1 Like

Thank you.
What is the benefit of using Uniswap? Why Uniswap and not Swap option or vice versa?

@hack3rcon
You can always use the swap option, Uniswap recommendation would only be for tokens that do not have a trading pair in the Trust wallet DEX tab.

1 Like

Thank you again.
Both options (Swap option and Uniswap) have the same cost?

The app does not charge a fee but there is a network fee that will be paid to the miners.

Once you try and send an amount, it automatically calculates the fees.

Learn more here:

1 Like

So, both are same.
Why someone prefers the Uniswap over the Swap option?