Accidentally Transferred BEP20 Funds to ERC20 Wallet

I sent approximately 4,330.6979 BUSD (BEP20) a couple hours ago from Trust Wallet to Binance without realizing I had it delivered to an ERC20 address (BUSD), which I only discovered after waiting over an hour for the funds to appear on my account. I feel devastated and am left wondering whether the funds are recoverable at all. I would greatly appreciate any help related to this issue! Thanks for your time.

Recipient: (Binance Wallet)
0x615aff1889d92963942383723ff7ecec69053961

0xa6b4c979ae35551508708cb6580d416f02e29537

1 Like

If anyone is dealing with the same issue, it appears the funds could be safe as they were successfully transferred to an ERC-20 hot wallet that Binance assigns for ALL Ethereum-based tokens.

You can send non-Ethereum coins to this wallet, but there is no way to retrieve them yourself since the centralized exchange does not disclose private keys with their users. I have reached out to Binance over the situation and waiting to hear from them in an attempt to recover these coins that are valued at roughly $4,330. I will update this for future reference until the situation is resolved.

Is it on Binance or BinanceUS?
I have a similar pending support issue with Binance US.

1 Like

I did the same thing except for busd. Forgot the memo. I looked for it on etherscan and found it in a wallet with a HUGE AMOUNT of coins in them. Reached out in 2021 and they got back to me but were NO HELP.
I could find them, why not TRUST WALLET. Damn thing is so confusing. BEP2 BEP20 to ERC20.
Trying to switch BUSD BEP2 and 20 to ERC20 with little luck because no etherium. $2700 of BUSD in a wallet with MILLIONS OF DOLLARS in it.
Not even a your welcome from whoever own this wallet!

1 Like

@amcgrath23
To better assist, please send the following information:

1. Trust Wallet app version (open the app, go to the settings of the app and press “About”, take a screenshot, and attach it here)

2. Crypto wallet address (press the receive icon near the send button, take a screenshot of the QR code, and attach it here)

3. Transaction hash or link (if you have any, please copy and paste)

4. Screenshots of the wallet (including errors or missing balance)