Account compromised

My account was compromised and hacked on Oct 29th…
After I tried to sell XETH on Uniswap my transaction was refused but few minutes later popup msgs asked me to update Trust Wallet to new version. I did it (but it was not from Playstore). I thought that was official message from Trust Wallet company.

In one minute my all assets were stolen. I can send all transaction history about it if you can do it something for me…

My question is how is possible that you do not have mechanism checking the file before update starts? Checking if is from Playstore or not?

And why app started again if were not verified as original app before login in my account?

Here is a address of hacker

0x047aa5b2a3a8391d82edf029c91f882cc53048a1

Please If you can help me contact me on [email protected]

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear this happened to you, it’s sad you lost all your funds but this isn’t a fault from the Trust Wallet App. I have never been promoted by the App to perform an update. Also, Trust Wallet before updating directs you to Playstore to download update if I use the check for update feature. So there must be a bug in your phone without your knowledge. Hence, in future go to Playstore to check for updates and don’t just accept any prompt on the device especially when you did nothing for the prompt to occur.
Sorry man, just pay more attention to things that’s revolves around your assets.

2 Likes

That is all true you said… But still did not get answers on my questions…
Why app started again if were not verified as original app before login in my account?

People keep milions on the wallet and how that can happen in application that has to have all security mechanisms to avoid that?

It might be a clone app created by the hacker…

This gives them privilege to do what they do

Am sorry for your loss…

1 Like

Like I said there may be a spy bug on your phone and you didn’t know it as it may have infected the your account and copied your recovery phrase in the process of your clicking the popup. It’s a cryptographic method of hiding the real intent using that popup to steal your phrase.
Remember Trust Wallet is a decentralised wallet and has implemented all security measures but only you has fully control over it. If anything happens to your account, it’s as a result of what you did or clicked.
So my advice is to be more careful in the future.

1 Like

Yes, incredible sofisticated hack… I checked my phone right after with Kaspersky security app and did not find anything suspicious. Not even security hole…
My biggest fault was installing that shit…

Sorry for your loss man

Hi @damarfi

Sorry to hear about your recent experience. That is likely a clone & malicious app or a website. The official links for the apk and AppStore pages can be found here: https://trustwallet.com/. Please be careful next time.

Hello
I checked my account balance on Wednesday and I found out that 2 bnb has been transferred from my wallet on Sunday. The problem is I don’t know where the money has gone and also who has has transferred it. I was wondering if you could give me more information in details, the message you sent me for guidance wasn’t not very useful for me.
Thanks in advance.

Hello @Btccoi
Sorry to hear about your recent experience. Here are the possible reasons:

1. You shared your 12 words (via phishing, social engineering, etc.);

2. You saved your 12 words in a very bad place;

3. Your device is corrupted with malware;

4. Someone had physical access to your device;

5. You entered your recovery phrase on a fake/clone app.

6. You transacted with a malicious DApp.

Unfortunately, confirmed transactions at blockchain are irreversible.

Please read and understand this:

Learn more about how to protect your cryptos and new wallet: