BNB Still not showing in account after Over 2 weeks & multiple support requests

I have been waiting since the 21st of April. I have sent a support ticket and replied to the email from trust wallet yet have received no response. I have posted my issue in replies, and have received no response. I have also spoke extensively to binance who say the transaction has completed successfully on their end.

In essence, I have transferred BNB from binance to my trust wallet address by clicking BNB, then clicking receive, then sending the BNB to the address that shows up. BNB Block explorer demonstrates that the BNB seems to have reached the account address (as shown in the attachment) but trust wallet does not show the funds.
It has been two weeks, I’m seriously over this. I just want to get my BNB out of Trust wallet and back into binance. Please help me…

App version: 5.21 (5210)

Trust Wallet Address: bnb1nnvyyce5tdur0gpchxs2hrr7lmqxf4gqt8twwn

TxID: 98B409AC8CA84993D2A907A9F750C2054398FAE3643CD28CF45F8E713416EB89

Screenshots of:

Also attached is an imgur link with the screenshots: Trust Wallet - Album on Imgur

Hello @joey2674 from your screenshots and address you sent shows you withdraw Binance peg-Bitcoin (BTC BEP2), to be able to view it, please tap on top right corner and search BTCB then switch on BTCB BEP2 manually. This guide can help too: How to Add or Remove a Coin

A post was split to a new topic: Funds not received