Convert watch address

Hi there . I have trust wallet and trying to convert the watch address into substantial. There are so many transactions on the watch only address. Can someone please explain how to convert the watch only address to transfer to the Coinbase account. I have no control on the watch only address. Thank you

4 Likes

Hello @Sach007
A watch address means you do not have access to that wallet.
To have full access of your wallet, you have to import wallet recovery phrase/private keys.
Learn more here:

15 Likes

A watch address is exactly that
You can watch, but that’s it

Anyone can watch any address but only the owner of the private keys can interact with it.

ALL CRYPTO DATA IS PUBLIC DOMAIN

7 Likes

And how would I get the private key ? Watching it for long now. It’s my wallet but no control on it . Does it mean that some one has the keys of the wallet and he/she is doing trading and transferring it into their accounts? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

17 Likes

@Sach007 watching an address for a long time doesn’t make it yours, if you are the owner of the wallet you must have wallet recovery phrase or private keys. Follow the instructions above on how to import wallet using recovery phrase or private keys.

If you don’t have private keys or recovery phrase you can’t have full access of that wallet.

6 Likes

@Alan47 I have the recovery phrase for the wallet itself . I am the owner of wallet and that’s what worries me . Is it the same phrase we can use or something else .

For private key not sure how would I get it’s access . Thank you

5 Likes

@Sach007 follow this guide: How to Import a Wallet & Our Top Tips To Do So Securely and go directly to the import part of this guide.

2 Likes

Hi there . I tried to import the watch only address as you said . No luck . How do I stop smart contract execution . I am really concerned now . Can you help please. Thank you

1 Like

Hi there @Alan47 . I feel there might be a bot who is doing transactions in the trust watch only address. Are you able to help.

1 Like

I have a trust wallet. Yesterday someone paid me for the Smart chain service. He told me to go into the settings - jack - import. He only gave me the Smart chain address and had me paste and approve. I didn’t get any additional information. Is there a way for me to get my money back in some way?

4 Likes

Hello @Agnessxyz1, you imported just an address.
You need the recovery keys for a wallet to access the funds in it.
My guess is you were scammed and given just this address.
It is also a risk sharing wallets as your recovery keys should be known by just you.
Please read these:

Learn more how to protect your cryptos and new wallet:

6 Likes

How can I get the Private key so i can take out my money from the wallet I need it urgently

14 Likes

I don’t have the recovery phase, how can I withdraw from my wallet , I imported the address

12 Likes

@OGSNIPER you can’t withdraw from watch wallet. You need to import through recovery phrase or private keys.

6 Likes

I am also facing the same issue. How can I activate my watch wallet to transact

3 Likes

@Yousufshariff there is no such thing. Watch only means you imported wallet address instead of wallet recovery phrase. Import your recovery phrase to have full access of your wallet. Here’s how to import: How to Import a Wallet via Recovery Phrase

2 Likes

Aany solution you have
Same problem please tell me
I want to save my money

1 Like

Hi @Abdul-Rehman,

Please read Alan47’s response as it answers the same question that you asked.

1 Like